Hobby Lobby ??? UPDATE PAGE 1

Thanks for the input everybody! I guess I'll be taking a trip there this weekend!
big_smile.png

I was wondering the same thing. They have been working on one here for the last few months. Just recently got the signs up out front. Probably be another month or two before it opens. I was hoping it would be worth the wait. Our Joann Fabrics is right across the street, bet it really hurts them. Michaels is across town so we needed one by us.

Quote:
13 miles? EVERYTHING is at least 13 miles away for me!!! LOL! Yeah, Joann's will probably consolidate their stock down to mostly all sewing/fabric stuff now, cause no way will they be able to compete with Hobby Lobby. HL where I used to live near one, had some fabric, but not much. Lots of other good stuff though so easily worth that little jaunt!

Hobby Lobby is the best! They have everything crafty and at great prices. They carry Christmas stuff year-round. In the city nearest us, there is a HL, JoAnn's, Micheal's, and Hancock Fabrics all within a mile of each other. They all seem to be doing OK. JoAnn's put up a big new store last year. They do compete with HL, but if you want fabric you go to JoAnn's or Hancock. Also, HL's decor tends to be lower quality - lots of the pieces are nicked, off-center, that kind of thing. But everything else is just fine.

I love our Hobby Lobby, and at ours the fabric section isn't too bad. They also have some yarns that JoAnn's doesn't carry. The 40% coupons are awesome! Ours is closed on Sunday, though, which is often the day I'm most often in the area of the craft stores. So I don't get to go there as often as I would like to.

Many of the brands of yarn they stock have the Hobby Lobby name on the label under a brand name that I havent seen before.

Back
Top Bottom