Hog Panel Question

Okay. Probably a really stupid question, but I have zero experience with these panels.

Can an 8ft panel be bent over to make a "mini" hoop coop type thing? I want a small run - not a walk-in. There's a good reason for it, but it's a long story.
Yep! They work great! I bend them over a wooden frame, cover with chicken wire, add a swinging door, and a waterproof covering on half so that they have shade and shelter. They're not too heavy so I can easily roll or drag them to different spots.

Yep! They work great! I bend them over a wooden frame, cover with chicken wire, add a swinging door, and a waterproof covering on half so that they have shade and shelter. They're not too heavy so I can easily roll or drag them to different spots.
Yay!!! Sounds PERFECT!

Do you have pics, by any chance? I will do this ASAP if I can get a sense of what the final product should look like.

(edited for typos)

Last edited:
Yay!!! Dounds PERFECT!

Do you have pics, by any chance? I will do this ASAP if o can get a sense of what the final product should look like.
I can get some later! They look rough atm because I've been using them since 2018, but they're still completely functional.

While my personal use of hog panels has been to use them in a flat state around my run and gardens, the deer, on occasion when they've found their way inside a garden enclosure, have re-configured the panels in all manner of shapes as they stretch their intelligence to its very limits trying to get back out, even though, mind you, they found their way inside through an open gate.

I have had a lot of experience, however, hammering the folded and crumpled panels back into a flat state with a sledge hammer. So, the panels are versatile in the respect that they can go either way.

While my personal use of hog panels has been to use them in a flat state around my run and gardens, the deer, on occasion when they've found their way inside a garden enclosure, have re-configured the panels in all manner of shapes as they stretch their intelligence to its very limits trying to get back out, even though, mind you, they found their way inside through an open gate.

I have had a lot of experience, however, hammering the folded and crumpled panels back into a flat state with a sledge hammer. So, the panels are versatile in the respect that they can go either way.
So good to know. And I hear you about the deer! I live in the middle of the woods. There are all manner of vegetation at their disposal, but there's this one potted flower (hubby's favorite, of course) that the deer MUST have. No matter where we put it, it manages to get eaten.

So good to know. And I hear you about the deer! I live in the middle of the woods. There are all manner of vegetation at their disposal, but there's this one potted flower (hubby's favorite, of course) that the deer MUST have. No matter where we put it, it manages to get eaten.
Same with my raised sweet potato bed. It is surrounded by a fence, but as soon as a section of vine pokes through the fence is is trimmed back by the deer. The luffa vine that could use a major trim is never touched though 🙄 🤣

Back
Top Bottom