Hoky Poky

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
Is it just me or does the rooster dance look an awful lot like the hoky poky?

"You put your right wing in. You put your right wing out. You put your right wing in and you shake it all about..."

yippiechickie.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
That's what it's all about!

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost went unnoticed at the end of May.

Larry La Prise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93.

The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin.

They put his left leg in.

Then the trouble started....

gig.gif
i wish my roo was as coordinated to do the hokey pokey!!! he came out this morning, stomping with one foot, and sliding with the other, with one wing stuck out all the way sideways! he looked more like he was doing a weird jig. my girls were looking at him like
idunno.gif
!!! i think when he figures out he is the only roo around (he just got here) then he will get it down
bun.gif

Quote:
i used to have that on the back of business cards when i was a clown to give to parents. they loved it. never got tired of it!

you know, what if the hokey pokey is what it's all about?

and yes, the roo does look like that. and when my girls want to lay an egg, they do the 'potty dance'... i gotta get in there, oh, gosh, it's coming out, don't turn the faucet on, oh geez, someone open the coop door...i don't have any hands and cannot fly like this....oh the pain....aaaaahhhh...don't make me laugh, it's gonna go down my leg....

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Y'all are cranking me up!

My big boy is just such a goof doing the dance. It probably doesn't help that I sing the hoky poky to him as he's trying to impress his girls. He always seems slightly embarassed that I've caught him in the act.

My girls are still young enough that the egg laying catches them unawares. "Huh? What's going on back there?! Acckkkkk!!!!"

Silly chickens.

Back
Top Bottom