1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hola from Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Decaffeinated Mommy, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Decaffeinated Mommy

Decaffeinated Mommy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2009
    Erath Co.
    Hi! I have been coming on here just browsing posts for the past few months, and I finally decided I had a question worth posting on here! A little about me: I am a new mom (baby is just now 6months old) and married to a perfect (for me) man. I grew up with livestock, but have been away from it for awhile since being in college(for far too long, haha). But now that I have my own place, that's changing! I have 3 Cream Brabanters (2 hens, 1 roo, hopefully) 1 Barred Rock hen and 1 Buff Orp hen. Today my hubby surprised me with 5 bantams from Tractor Supply (I will be posting a "guess that bird" post as soon as I can figure out how to post pictures from Flickr).We also have 1 Great Pyrenees, 1 Heeler mix and 1 Basset/Chow/? mix that is one of the funniest dogs I have ever seen. We also have a passel of pups we are slowly getting rid of (the GP can climb fences!) I will be getting dairy goats as soon as my husband's back is turne......umm... as soon as I can convince him that I NEED them! I have enjoyed the posts that I have read so far, and I love how everybody likes to post pics, it really livens up this board! [​IMG]

2. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! You will love it here

-Austin from SC

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    :frowWelcome from North Carolina!! Tons of information here!!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Welcome! [​IMG]

Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Welcome

6. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    Hello [​IMG] and WELCOME to BYC from NC

7. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

8. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

9. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]
    [COLOR=770077]From [/COLOR][COLOR=aa00aa]Old[/COLOR] [COLOR=cc00cc]Town,[/COLOR] [COLOR=ee00ee]Maine[/COLOR]

10. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Hi and [​IMG] from San Antonio!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by