Hola

YAY! Thank you guys so much..
I wrote my post then went on a fencing rampage and then got a really bad bug!
We put up fencing about 6' from her nest and the sides go into the water about 4' in hopes that nothing will be able to go around and mess with her or the babies. I have pics on my iPhone but that's a lil industrious at the moment. I'll figure out how to post pics soon.
So far there seems to be at least 8 eggs and there hasn't been any mishaps. The husband hangs out in the center of the pond all night and sometimes on the dock I made. He left one night and that freaked me out! I didn't know if he got eaten or just took off in the dark. Yikes.
From what I've concluded, there could be eggs hatching as soon as April 10
wee.gif

Thank you all for your replies.
I need to snoop around now..
C.

So far to have hatched one is two days old and one is three days old!
The mother does not seem to be sitting on the nest anymore! :-0 There's four more eggs..

Now I have an issue and I'm really worried! I came out late this morning and there was just one baby in the pond making a lot of noise and both parents plus the other baby were gone. After 15 minutes the mother flew in and she's been here for about an hour. The father and one baby are nowhere to be found! I'm really worried! It can't be normal for them to split up like this..? They usually take a long walk all together and the parents never let the babies get too far away. I searched and search, through the creek and all around and now I'm worried that the coyotes got them. Having geese is very stressful and worrisome. Blehh

Back
Top Bottom