Holderread Farm - have you bought from them?

My friend and I split an order, and I ordered 5 Saxony ducks, and she orders 2 bantam silkies and 3 Australian spotted. I have only heard good things about them, so I am really excited to get them. They will be coming in the next couple weeks.
celebrate.gif

I had the most beautiful chocolate Ancona ducks from them, which I'll order again someday. One drake lived to be 12, and would have gone longer, but he got taken out by a Red Tailed Hawk.

Oh goodie, I was looking at their website last night...he is about a 3.5 hour drive from me. I want Anconas and a couple Silky ducks.

I too live close, I picked up a pair of Pilgrims and some Dutch Hookbills last spring! Plan to get more ducklings next year, they are great. Both books Dave wrote are excellent- I read Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks and The Book of Geese.

wee.gif
I just got the okay from DH to place my order for 10 anconas. As that is their minimum for shipping (I would spend about the same to drive up there for 4) I love duck, so some can go in the freezer as I am sure I will have extra drakes.
woot.gif
The Kingdom of Eggtopia is expanding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom