Holiday 2010

He's turning 10 this year, so moving him to a more mature quilt for the teen years.

Erik picked the watermelon log cabin, I'll post a scan of that too.

30078_melon_quilt.jpg

Diagram for the melon quilt. It's a color controlled log cabin.

Last edited:
I haven't gotten as far as Christmas yet but I am planning on a some quilts for bday presents and eventually one for myself lol. I haven't made the kids quilts since they were little.
My second oldest son is also a teen and still has his 'Overall Sam Fishing Guys' quilt on his bed LOL! I am really suprised he hasn't hid it away by now thinking its too babyish and all.
DD's and oldest son's bdays are in Sept so I guess that is almost xmas time lol.

*Virgo quilt -for dd (who is a teen and needs a more 'mature' quilt now) This one is gonna have a lot of applique on it that I am gonna have to design myself. What makes it worse is that dd is a good artist and can draw anything and I suck at drawing haha. This should be fun
tongue.png

*Mainer's compass and something with marine life in it quilt- for DS (bday in May, also a teen)still in planning phase

*Sea Turtle and tropical flower quilt for myself - still planning this one.

*Still thinking of a quilt to make for oldest son who is in college for computer programmning so maybe something technical plus he likes dragons. Hmm computers and dragons...
(another sept bday)

Added in:

A denim "quilt" (no batting, rag quilt style) for the beach this summer. Using the boys outgrown jeans (they wear them out completely) and stripping it for a beach blanket. Add in 2 pairs from mr saddi and I and we should have a large square for the surfing lessons I promised them.

I do pottery and dabble in stained glass, so I had thought about making those for everyone for Christmas this coming year. However, I went to Hawaii a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the place and a store there called the ABC Stores. They have an online store as well. Since everyone wants to know what I brought them back from Hawaii, I am buying everyone something Hawaiian from that site this year. It's going to be an Aloha Shirt Christmas at my house this year! lol

Back
Top Bottom