Ended Holiday Sweets Photo Contest

My very first homemade gingerbread house! It took me a while, but not as long as I thought it would! The only non-homemade part are the candies.
house2.jpg

Everyone's goodies look so perfect!

I am a decent cook, but I almost never bake. Especially never anything challenging. We just don't eat that many sweets.

But I tried this morning and I think my first try at pastry came out pretty good, but it was SOOO messy! I don't know why my icing is all over the place! :lol:

Cranberry, orange, and walnut pastry wreath.

IMG_0459.JPG

Wow, how do you make peanut butter cups?
To start with I have a couple mini muffin pans and liners, I have 2 small cookie dippers, so I don't have to keep washing them as I work.
For the chocolate I melt in the microwave: 1 7oz Hershey Bar broken up and 1 cup of semi-sweet chips, (you can take a tbsp. of plain peanut butter to add to chocolate if you want).
For the peanut butter filling: 1 c. creamy Jiff peanut butter, 4 1/2 tsp. softened butter, 1/2 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp. salt - completely mixed.
Then you put a scoop of chocolate, then peanut butter, then chocolate. I top with a few sprinkles. I put them in the refrigerator to set, but I also store them in a container in the refrigerator when they're set up.
Makes about 30 cups.
IMG_2048.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom