holy cow!! people on ebay will pay anything!!

Quote:
There is more to breeding Marans that alot of people know, you don't just "overnight" get eggs with shells that dark. Ask the people that are buying the hatchery Marans and the cheap ones and complaining about the poor shell color.

I don't know bayhorsebonne, but it seems like every time one of their auctions goes high it shows up here. I have always wondered why? I say good for them and their product, from the pics of the shell color it's worth every penny.

Steve in NC

Sometimes it pays to do your research before you buy your Marans or getting their eggs.

There are some questions you should always ask where they got their Marans from and I am certain other real Maran breeders will help you what kind of questions to ask and you can make the final decision whether or not to purchase their eggs.

Bayhorsebonny is very reputable,,,,just right up there with Jeanne Wade and others in here.

Quote:
We are members of all 3 of the "BIG" Marans groups and there is soooo much misinformation about what line is what and how they are mixed it is just unreal. Even the people that have Wade Jeane's birds will not give a straight answer. And the clock & dagger and back stubbing is bad for the Marans breed in general.

Steve

Quote:
This is crazy too. I mean, It's their money and they can spend it any way they want, but that's my electric bill!!

Quote:
I would say no one is questioning anyone else's reputation , That's just alot of money for 6 eggs.....Besides, I thought we were in a recession! LOL!

Quote:
I stopped by her house one time to pick up some chicks she hatched for me and these eggs were sitting on her diningroom table, had just been picked up from down in the pens, and she did not know i was coming and did not know I had my camera. I asked her if I could take a photograph of those eggs and this is what they looked like. No special lighting, no decieving background, no "tricks" of any kind. Her eggs are so big they barely fit in a regular egg carton. Sometimes you can't close it.

donnasmaranseggs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom