1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

holy GQF around the corner

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Mibotsu, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    so i never realized it, but GQF manufacturing is RIGHT around the corner from my house, i sent them an email about coming to check it all out. got one back a few days later saying that i am more then welcome to come and check out the facility and purchase directly from them and not have to pay shipping....gonna be checking this out next monday photo's will follow for those interested.

I love the gqf products :E

2. TedJan92_in_Idaho

TedJan92_in_Idaho Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Cocolalla Idaho
    I emailed them several times about buying some parts. I never heard anything from them.

3. quailmale

quailmale Chillin' With My Peeps

I have both one Sportsman and Hatcher, though pricey it's nice to be able to just plug and play so to speak, temps stay dead on and humidity stays close due to whether it's dry outside or humid, because it brings in outside air. I got them in March and have hatched about 800 Quail and 7 Turkeys. I have called them several times while setting up and they were very helpful. I have never emailed them, so I don't know how they are about that. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  4. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    GQF fan here as well, you are lucky to beable to buy direct. GQF is a wholesaler that ussually has a $5000 minimum on direct purchases plus you have to be a bussiness and I think be a licenced retailer. I e-mailed them for info on being a retailer and got the details back a week or 2 later. I've talked to a couple retailers that have a hard time moving that much of their merchendice but if I ever go into big bussiness with birds I would make one big order so I could get the stuff I would need cheaper.

5. Mibotsu

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    yea, they said i could come in and buy direct from the factory, no retail license or antyhing needed

6. rittert3

rittert3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    Ks (Manhattan area)
    awesome

ETA: can I come visit? just kidding

7. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:DONT EMAIL THEM, JUST ORDER THEM DIRECTLY FROM THEIR WEBSITE

8. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You must be close to Dickey also then.They are better made in my opinion and cheaper in price.
    In N.H.,Tony.

9. Mibotsu

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    Quote:huh? more info please.

10. Tony K T

Tony K T Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Dickey incubator is in that area too.If I recall,this guy used to work for GQF and decided to go on his own.There address is 536 Ada Dr., Millen,Ga.I thought they were in the same town,but I guess not.www.dickeyincubators.com
    In N.H.,Tony.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by