Holy Heck, What Happened????????????

Hello heres how I see it, none of us knew how you felt back then, so you didnt have to post this amazing story, I am darn glad you did and it also shows heart. THANK YOU for posting it. I feel the same way as you do. Enjoy your chickens and welcome to the other side. Good luck with your flock.

HAH!!!! It only gets better..My DH has finally came over to the darkside too and hatched out HIS first batch of chicks for himself to raise as his project!!!! Wait until a bator shows up in your house-Can you say HOSED???? BUH BYE--

Love the back story. All I can picture is you in the cage getting ready to fight and having a BYC.com sponsor on your shorts. Lol welcome to the the feathered side.

Welcome!! from Kingman, AZ. and welcome to the right side!! LOL My husbands words "if you want eggs I know where I can get you some in a package of 12" since then he has worked really hard on our pen and coop. It takes a real man to come to the right side!!

Yup Yup....my husband is on his way too
wink.png

Ummmm so now that u have come over to the chicken side, I'm sure u know the policy about posting pics within 24 hrs of ur original post!! Get on it!
hide.gif
Pretty please??
wink.png
fl.gif

Welcome from Eureka, I find that the "non-chicken" people think the "chicken people" are crazy... until they taste thier first fresh egg!!! Then they aaaaaact like they still think you are crazy while slipping in requests for their next dozen. lol! PERSONALLY, I think that they are the crazy ones for NOT having these delightful birds in their backyard.
smile.png

I can relate also. We just got our first 3 chicks this June and at first it was just for the eggs. Now it's "Their panting, what do we do?" We are outside all the time checking on them, letting them run around and feeding them treats. My father had told me that when he was a kid they raised chickens for eggs and food. He secretly gave the chickens names and said they were his friends. When his father would go get one for dinner, my dad wouldn't eat it. Right up till the day my dad passed away he never ate chicken. He did eat the eggs though. Growing up my sisters and I would poke fun at him for not eating chicken anymore and tease him for having chickens for pets/friends. If he was still alive I would apologize to him because now in these past 6 weeks of owning chickens I can honestly say that I have not eaten chicken and I don't see myself eating any for a long time if ever. My husband told me the same and now we will build a retirement coop when our girls stop laying and let them live out their lives.

You big softie!
gig.gif
They take your heart before you know it, and they are relentless, they don't even care how big or grizzly a man looks. I tell my husband all the time as soon as the Cave Man commercial sees him and his brother, we are going to be rich because they will do the commercials once discovered.
smile.png
My husband talks to them like they are babies.

Back
Top Bottom