Do you like the storyline?

• Not really.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • NOOOO.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As the contents of the syringe entered Emily's arm, she felt an icy sensation coursing throughout her body. "I don't see spirits" Emily replied. "I only hear Dean". Emily was getting anxious from the Drs probing questions and suddenly began feeling quite sleepy.
"Hm. Maybe you should try to listen a little more, I'm sure you'll hear much more than just one spirit." Dr. Mythe told her. He gave her the other vaccination and got his stethoscope.
"If you start feeling dizzy or sick, tell me. Some people have negative reactions to the medicine, though it's quite rare for that to happen." He said.
He listened to her heart, lungs, checked her pulse, et cetera.

"Okay, the examination is done. Do you feel alright?" He asked her, writing down notes. She was all around decently healthy, which was good.

(He really isn't experimenting on her, this is actually just a check-up. He told the nurse earlier he wasn't going to do tests on her yet.)

"Are you saying that you believe me about Dean?" Emily asked. Emily started to feel a little more relaxed in his presence. She did find it odd that the Dr wanted her to try and listen for other spirits, when everyone else she had ever met thought she was a freak or there was something very wrong with her. Maybe Dr Mythe wasn't as bad as he seemed. Maybe she could trust him and he could help her figure out who Dean was, and why he was always with her. "I feel ok, just a little tired. May I go back to my room now please?" Emily asked.

"Are you saying that you believe me about Dean?" Emily asked. Emily started to feel a little more relaxed in his presence. She did find it odd that the Dr wanted her to try and listen for other spirits, when everyone else she had ever met thought she was a freak or there was something very wrong with her. Maybe Dr Mythe wasn't as bad as he seemed. Maybe she could trust him and he could help her figure out who Dean was, and why he was always with her. "I feel ok, just a little tired. May I go back to my room now please?" Emily asked.

"Yes, I believe you about Dean. You seem mentally healthy and I don't think you're a liar." Dr. Mythe told her honestly. "And yes, you can leave now. You're healthy, nothing to worry about."

He put all of the now empty needles and such back onto the plastic tray and picked it up. He opened the door for Emily and waited for her to leave.

"No, what do you mean what really goes on? I just started here a week ago"

"Like, what this homeless shelter really is." Mia told him. "I've been here nearly a year, and I haven't left. I'm now allowed to." She said. "I'm surprised they haven't told you yet, even if you've only been here a week..."

Last edited:
"Yes, I believe you about Dean. You seem mentally healthy and I don't think you're a liar." Dr. Mythe told her honestly. "And yes, you can leave now. You're healthy, nothing to worry about."

He put all of the now empty needles and such back onto the plastic tray and picked it up. He opened the door for Emily and waited for her to leave.
Emily exited the room and found the nurse waiting for her. "How did your exam go?" the nurse asked her. "Fine. I am ready to go back to my room now." Emily replied. The nurse led her back to her room and locked her inside. Emily went to her bed and laid down staring at the ceiling, thinking about the meeting with the Dr. "He isn't so bad, I don't know why I was so scared and why Dean felt I was in danger" Emily thought. Dean interrupted her thoughts, "He is dangerous. Do not trust him." "Leave me alone Dean. I need to rest" Emily said outloud to the empty room.
Emily fell into a deep sleep and awoke several hours later at a knock on her door. She sat up in bed and caught movement from the corner of her eye. A piece of paper had been pushed under her door. Emily sat quietly and listened for a moment before getting up to retrieve the piece of paper. She returned to her bed with the paper and began to read it. It was some kind of a medical document from 5 years ago. Dr. Mythe's name was listed as the physician. Below that, was the name of a patient. Emily's heart almost leapt out of her chest when she read the patient's name on the document. Dean Moore. Emily couldn't believe what she was seeing. She read on further. There was a list of medications, treatments that were done, and a contact name and phone number with Emily's parents listed. How could this be possible? Emily's parents never told her about anyone in the family named Dean. She scanned the document again and her jaw dropped when she saw the horrifying treatments that were done on Dean. Realization hit Emily like a brick to the face. "Dean is my brother?" She wondered out loud. "Yes, I am" Dean replied from somewhere in the room. "There are others too. This place is not safe. You must leave".
Emily unfolded a dog eared corner on the page. There was a familiar date scrawled there followed my the letters D.O.D. Date of death. The date was one Emily would never forget. It was the day her life changed, the day of the accident. Emily cried till she could cry no more and drifted into restless dreams.

Back
Top Bottom