Home From Farmers Market - Second Trip :O)

WindyOaksYokes

Songster
12 Years
Jul 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Well, we did very well! Sold about 20 dozen eggs. Had to drop the price down to 2.50 from 3.00 a dozen for the Chicken eggs, and dropped the price on the duck eggs to 2 for a 1.00 from 2 for 1.50. I sold about 2 dozen duck eggs when all was said and done. All in all did very well if I may say so myself after paying for everything we came out in the good with 35.00 and we are paid up for the whole month for the booth. Not to bad, or so I thought. I can hosestly say some of them city folk are quite ummmmm uneducated!!!!!!! My goodness so many people thougth that chickens and ducks could not lay with out the eggs being fertile!!!!!!! I just shook my head.... one man was talking to me... I asked him if his wife needed him to produce her eggs.... he just looked at me dumb founded...
lau.gif
I could tell you all a few more stories, but I will be have myself!!!!!! Not to mention we would be here all day. But alot of you asked me to let you know how well we did well... took my daughter Krista... the "blonde" oh goodness... that was an interesting time. She however did learn alot today!

Last edited:
great to hear you had a good day at the farmers market
wink.png
and no stories would surprise me I have heard so much diffy things just recenty a woman told me she wont eat white eggs because the brown eggs taste so much better lol this is after I gave her brown eggs and she was so use to buying white eggs in the stores no amount of telling her my white eggs would tatse the same as my brown eggs she just would have none of that nonsense
roll.png
. So she is now only going to buy brown eggs in the stores oh she is going to be so disappointed.
big_smile.png
So please do tell the stories I really need a good laugh.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Alrighty y'all, I will give you a couple then off to bed for me... totally exhausted!!! After getting home from the farmers market I had help with the pig that we slotered today EWWWWWWWWW next time I will make myself scarce til dark!!!! Did not have the stomach for that at all!!!!

Okay here are a few of them... My thoughts are italicized... no... I was not that rude... and say them out loud... just thought it
gig.gif

People kept asking me if I was dying the duck eggs... Ummm yep... LOL... thought they would sell better that way!!!!

I didnt know ducks layed eggs...... LOL... what did you think? They gave birth like a humans???

My daughter... how did they get those eggs so white? Ummmm they bleached them
lau.gif
and yes... I really did say this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My daughter, god love her... she is your typical blonde!!!!!!!!!!! But wont the bleach hurt the egg???
lau.gif

My daughter again.... the cost is 2.50... they gave her a 5.00 bill.... she couldnt figure out how much change to give them back I just about died!!!!!!!!!!!!! and she is A'cing math.... go figure

Do you feed them food coloring to get the blue/green color... yep... you should see the color of my ducks.

I thought chickens only laid white eggs.... are your chickens foreign? ummmm yep... flew them all the way from timbucktoo!!!

and of course your classics....

How many roosters do you have? since you have all these eggs??? Do you have one rooster for each hen?

Do you sell white eggs? I thought brown eggs ment they were bad.
smack.gif

How old are the eggs? They only lay once a week right?

Whats the difference between caged chickens and free range? ummm "caged means caged... free range means I let mine run over 35 acres" You mean the caged chickens live in cages??? Ummmm... nope, they keep them in a cardboard box

Okay... I think that is it for tonight... hope you all got a good laugh... there are more... but I'm getting tired and can't think no more LOL...

Oh one last one.... What breed lays the double yokers? "all breeds can lay double yokers when they are learning to lay, there is not one certain breed, but as they get older they start producing singles" Well, can you train them to lay double yokers??? ummmm, yep, I will go straight home and have a talk with them and start training!!!
smack.gif

By the way.... just wanted to say thanks for all the support!!!!!!

Pickles... yah it was kind of rude to say that to the man... but if you would have heard the whole conversation you would have said the same thing LOL... he argued with me over the fact that I needed a rooster to get an egg from the hens
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom