Home-grown cornishX tastes better, but WHY?

Quote:
That was a response to the implication that those of us who believe in alternative agriculture don't know about farming and have been fed bad information. Point being, maybe it is the folks who have been educated in conventional agricultural practices who have been given the bad information. My friend is very well versed in both types and comes down squarely on the side of alternative.

Last edited:
Quote:
It takes two to tango, and instead of blaming the "man", the "corparation", etc., why not blame us, the consumer for not caring. People are always complaining but when it comes to spending more for higher quality food, most won't. Most of us on this website are the minority when it comes to caring. BTW, how big is the true organic agriculture, 5% at the most. Kinda sad, but is improving. I'm not pickin on you buster, but the american consumer is very lame when it comes to making the extra effort to do the right thing.

Quote:
That was a response to the implication that those of us who believe in alternative agriculture don't know about farming and have been fed bad information. Point being, maybe it is the folks who have been educated in conventional agricultural practices who have been given the bad information. My friend is very well versed in both types and comes down squarely on the side of alternative.

Buster... I'm agreeing with you... I was just poking fun that you said framing... not farming....

Like framing a house... I suck at it. But I can farm some chickens...

tongue.png

Quote:
It takes two to tango, and instead of blaming the "man", the "corparation", etc., why not blame us, the consumer for not caring. People are always complaining but when it comes to spending more for higher quality food, most won't. Most of us on this website are the minority when it comes to caring. BTW, how big is the true organic agriculture, 5% at the most. Kinda sad, but is improving. I'm not pickin on you buster, but the american consumer is very lame when it comes to making the extra effort to do the right thing.

It's getting better though... Organics is one of the fastest growing things right now.... slowly but surely. But I do agree, the consumer makes the choice... not the farmers.

Quote:
It takes two to tango, and instead of blaming the "man", the "corparation", etc., why not blame us, the consumer for not caring.

Because most consumers are completely in the dark about all this stuff. They see pretty pictures of an old fashion farm on a carton of eggs and believe that is the sort of place those eggs came from.

It is our job to educate them.

Quote:
It takes two to tango, and instead of blaming the "man", the "corparation", etc., why not blame us, the consumer for not caring.

Because most consumers are completely in the dark about all this stuff. They see pretty pictures of an old fashion farm on a carton of eggs and believe that is the sort of place those eggs came from.

It is our job to educate them.

That's exactly what I was going to say.

so... blah blah (I know its bad to order in Winter but I live in Tx a few hours from the hatchery) I went and ordered 4 cornish x chicks to be here Jan 27th. Along with a couple other laying hens. Moral to the story is I am about to try my hand at growing and eating my own
smile.png
We will see how it goes.

wish me luck!!!!

Kind Regards yall!

Back
Top Bottom