Home Made Bator Pics

Here's a pic from candling today, this would be at day 3. With a slight tweak, the temp. is right on 100 deg. Does this look normal for a standard brown egg at 3 days into it? I candled 7 of 20 and all looked like this one.

egg3days.jpg

Thanks, I was a bit worried about fertilzation. None seem to be clear or that is my understanding based on my observation.

Quote:
Yes. All the eggs are in a basket in the top. The water bottle helps bring the heat back after having the lid open.

When I candled early I always shown the light from the top, this way I see the air sac and if any veins seem to be growing, that is all I look for this early.

As for the hatcher I made, It was doing ok but those temps were ok for the wiggler but I was afraid I would kill the babies when they hatched.
So I gave it to a teacher to see if she could tweek it and make it better, maybe for a hatch in the classroom. But...I dont know.....

If yours can work, mine can too...so yea lots of updates would be great!
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Thanks for leading us though this jorney.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I have ask on this board before if anyone had successfully hatched using this design and never really got an answer. All I know at this point is that I can hold a consistant temp., close enough to hatch. I hadn't thought much about your concern. An alternate hatch bator may be in order, its a valid concern. I will be posting additional pics as I move through the process and have something to update.

Day 7 pics. Of the 19 in the bator, 15 look very simillar to the first picture. The other four matched the second pictue. I'm a bit worried about those four. And 19 is now 18 because I dropped the one while taking the picture.
barnie.gif

Day7-1.jpg

7daysclear.jpg

Back
Top Bottom