**Home made egg candler. Post your pics**

I made a candler out of a shop lamp with a 65 watt halogen bulb. I can see through dark eggs pretty good. I did put foil on the inside of the cardboard.

IMG_3079.jpg

Click on image for video.

I use a maglite...one of those big long flashlights...it's the only thing that I can get to work!

My mom uses an old film projector that she got from a school that was scrapping it. That works really good too!

Reviving this old thread because it rocks! I'm going to candle my eggies for the first time tonight!

I made a candler out of a shop lamp with a 65 watt halogen bulb. I can see through dark eggs pretty good. I did put foil on the inside of the cardboard.

IMG_3079.jpg

Click on image for video.
that is great idea. I am sure I have an extra one kicking around here someplace. I can get it fixed up and have it hanging in my bedroom closet sense we do not have widows in ours and its gets really dark in there. And its also right next to my bator I keep in the bedroom sense I have to turn those eggs. And I tend to take an egg or 2 out of there and into the closet with my small mag light to candle anyway. The plug is right outside the door too. Thanks for the post

hi

i made this one with a LED flashlight,

a piece of cardstock covered with electrical tape then i cut a hole in the center of that to go on the lens of the flashlight,

i put the core of an empty scotch tape roll, wrapped with electrical tape over then metal surround around the lens

all of this i had in my house

79557_candler_13.jpg

i'm at day three of my second hatch, going to try this tomorrow
that is a really ingenious idea. what made you think of this? Have to tell ya I would have never thought of it. Need to see what I have around the house to use on my smaller mag lite that I use. If not I have one of those mag lights when you turn it off you still get a small light at the end. White, Red and off. Great for camping. found it at lowe's half off.

I am making the coffee can light tomorrow, I will post how it works when I get it done, thanks for all the good posts.

i just use my iphone. I was gonna build one but the iphone works great with no modification. Just turn on the torch app and put the egg on the little hole the camera flash is in. I can tell whats going on all the way to day 16 and by then i usually know whats good and whats bad.

Back
Top Bottom