Home Made Ice Cream

yotetrapper

Crowing
14 Years
May 3, 2007
North Central MS
I need recipes! I bought an old fashioned ice cream maker last night. It runs off of either an electric motor it came with, or also the included handcrank.

My husband is of the opinion that REAL ice cream is made with eggs and heavy cream.

I am open to any yummy ice cream recipes, but would really like one that uses lots of cream and eggs.

Thanks in advance for your help. I know there are plenty of recipes on the web but was interested in some of your favorites as well! Thanks!

Your husband is right!!! Here is ours. We just made a batch this week
Homemade vanilla ice cream
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 Tblspn Cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp. vanilla
7 cups milk
5 eggs. beaten
2 3/4 cups heavy cream
1 1/2 cups half and half

Mix the sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan. Over medium heat, slowly stir in the milk, stirring constantly. Very slowly, add the beatem eggs amd continue to stir. Reduce heat to low and cook until mixture thickens slightly. Slowly add vanilla, half and half, and heavy cream. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours or until mixture has chilled. Remove fom fridge, pour into mixing canister and freeze according to your directions. Our canister has a fill line on it. This makes about 4 qts.
Delicious!!!

Quote:
Hi,

OMG, that sounds DELICIOUS! I think I will have to look into buying an ice cream maker! I think there is one that is sold as an accessory attachment to my KitchenAid mixer. I'll have to look into it. Thanks for the recipe!
smile.png
Genie

Back
Top Bottom