Home made pasta....

mylittlezoo

Poppy Creek Farm
10 Years
Mar 16, 2009
GA
I've been looking for a recipe for home made pasta, which I can make from scratch, dry and then keep for future use, either in tubs or by freezing. If I've missed one already on here please forgive me, if not, please does someone have one?

Thank you!
smile.png

Quote:
I was going to suggest this! I use Giada de Laurentiis's pasta recipe all the time, it's the best one I've used. The dough is pliable and easy to work with.

Today I cheated and used the eco la pasta mix.. We will see how it tastes.. I just purchased that pasta press for my KA from WilliamsSonoma yesterday.. Made some fresh pasta today.. Cant wait to try it for supper!!
I am also on the look out for a good tried and true pasta recipe..

Quote:
I was going to suggest this! I use Giada de Laurentiis's pasta recipe all the time, it's the best one I've used. The dough is pliable and easy to work with.

Please could you either post it or post a link to it?
big_smile.png

I couldn't find it, so I'm typing it up from the cookbook.

Fresh Pasta

3 cups flour
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil

Place the flour in the bowl of a food processor. In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add the eggs, salt, and olive oil to the food processor, stir to combine. Pulse for about a minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl once or twice. The dough should stick together if pinched between your fingers and be cornmeal yellow in color. It should not form a ball.

Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth, usually about 5 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap, let rest on your counter for 30 minutes.

If you don't have a food processor, do what I do - mound the flour on your counter, make a large, deep well in the center, like a volcano. Add the eggs, salt, and oil to the well. Beat with a fork (like scrambling eggs) until everything starts to come together, slowly add more and more flour to the eggs. When it becomes too difficult to stir with a fork, start kneading like bread dough until it's smooth and pliable, about 6 minutes.

Thank you so much! My husband just bought me a food processor, so maybe I'l try it out in that!

If I make a big batch, what's the best way to preserve? I presume you can dry it like noodles, but what then? Freezing? Dry storage?

Quote:
Just plain old all purpose flour. In Italy they do use a different kind of flour, but it can be hard to find. All purpose works really well.

Back
Top Bottom