home remedies

redstarbill

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 23, 2008
anyone have a remidy for feather regrowth. my girls have bare bottoms from picking out of bordem anything I can do to help them grow back?

To cure boredom we buy crickets and one at a time toss them in. You should see them go! And we do this maybe two to three times a day.

Now they jump for our crickets before we can even let them go! Boredom cured and feathers grow back!

Good luck.

xtra protein helps alot whenever there's feather growth going on, but sometimes you have to wait until they're ready for a molt... i have one who's taking forever to grow 'em all back after a naughty feather picker had her way with the feathers around her tail (feather picker has since moved to a new home), but they are coming slowly but surely... i give my girls black oil sunflower seeds every day, yogurt for the calcium/probiotic/protein benefits, and other occasional treats like a scrambled egg, cottage cheese, etc. otherwise, they do a good job finding their own bugs to eat around here!

good luck!

I just started feeding the yogurt with a handful of oats in it a couple days ago. they sure do like it, also started putting tbsp of ACV in there water heard that was good also.

Back
Top Bottom