happychickengirls

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 21, 2010
Connecticut
Two cooked chicken breasts
Two cans of creme of chicken soup
1 can (3-6 oz) evaporated milk
(As your mixing this together pour milk in slowly -use enough milk so its a creamy consistency.
Can of peas, corn, green beans-you can use frozen vegetables also.
Small cut up chunks of potatos.
**(You can leave vegetables out and serve them on the side if you wish.)

Now mix this all together and pour it in a 9X13 baking pan.

THE TOPPING;
1 1/2 cups of biscuick
1 stick of butter melted
1 1/2 cups milk- (warmer milk works bette)
pour all over chicken (that is already in the pan)
Then bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

*You can actually modify this recipe by adding a bit more chicken if you want

Last edited:
In the last couple weeks I went thru a serious pot pie jones. One day I attacked the freezer and found enough stew beef to make one. Did it the old school way: dredging the beef cubes in seasoned flour, browning them, once removed from pan deglazing with a huge bowl of cut up celery, onion, sliced carrot, scallions and mushrooms. One the vegetables were browned I hit the pan with 1/3 stick of butter and a 1/2 cup flour and stirred it well until I had the flour cooking in the melted butter (I improvised a roux as it were). Once the flour had cooked about 4 minutes I added 1 1/2 cups red wine and some chicken stock (no beef stock in the pantry) to break up and dissolve the roux. Simmered on the stove about 20 minutes and then topped with a runny Bisquick topping. Baked at 400 degrees about 25 minutes until the Bisquick part was golden. Delicious.

The other day I got a roasted chicken at Costco. Those are such bargains ($5.00). I broke off all the breast meat and cubed it. I sauteed about 6 cups vegetables (onion, celery, carrot, sliced mushrooms) and then added the two cans cream of chicken soup, 1 can chicken stock and 1 can milk. Added some fresh chopped parsley, dry tarragon and poultry seasoning. Once it was nicely warmed and combined I added the cubed cooked chicken breast and covered with the topping. So good and SOOOO easy.

If you are ever in Costco and don't feel like cooking but really wanna eat nice, buy one of their assembled chicken pot pies - they are HUGE and have an attractive lattice pastry over the top. They are $17.00 but man are they tasty.

Now there is something I had not thought to use all my stew beef for and I love pot pie. Guess I need to buy some thing to bake them in.
big_smile.png

Wow I wish I had seem this earlier, I already got tonight's dinner in the slow cooker. This will be tomorrow's dinner then
tongue.png

GarlicEater - LMAO

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom