Homegrown Chicken In a Rotisserie? How Will It Turn Out?

TheHappyHen21

Chirping
Sep 14, 2015
Russell, Ny
I have a few roosters in my Unsexed chicks as i can see. I plan to raise them then send them to Camp. I usually put them in the crock pot or oven but want to do it differently when it comes time. Im looking into buying a Rotisserie Oven. I have never used one before! Do i prepare the bird first? Do i Brine It? Please let me know if you have ever done it and how you did it :)

IMHO, rotisseries should only be used for cornishX. They cook other birds too fast. I tried it with my first Freedom Ranger and it was tough.
They need to be cooked low and slow. A smoker works well, or the oven at low heat till the meat starts to fall off the bone.

The other thing you need to do is let the meat rest a few days before you cook or freeze.

IMHO, rotisseries should only be used for cornishX. They cook other birds too fast. I tried it with my first Freedom Ranger and it was tough.
They need to be cooked low and slow. A smoker works well, or the oven at low heat till the meat starts to fall off the bone.

The other thing you need to do is let the meat rest a few days before you cook or freeze.
oh yes i know the resting phase. I have raised chickens and butchered for food in the past :)

Back
Top Bottom