Homemade bator " try'n it out !!!!"

Quote:
Yes, i have some quail eggs in it right now. Thanks, it has been at 100.4, but i kept on opening the incubator to show my cousins, the little quail eggs, I have 118 eggs in it right now!!!!! I am having the hardest time getting humidity up too, I am going to add a window before I start on another hatch. I do dry-hatch for my chicken eggs, and I realize that now I have to monitor humidity because I cant dry-hatch quail eggs.

quintinp..Best thing to do (not open unless to add water).Add water and stay away unless adding water or taking turner out. I have 8 Barred Rocks hatching now as we speak. I've never hatched quail eggs. If you would like to see what I hatched earlier this month I have them on video on web at this site. http://tinyurl.com/6zy9lz8 My grandkids love watching my chicks hatch. They stay awake all nite long to watch them.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, i have some quail eggs in it right now. Thanks, it has been at 100.4, but i kept on opening the incubator to show my cousins, the little quail eggs, I have 118 eggs in it right now!!!!! I am having the hardest time getting humidity up too, I am going to add a window before I start on another hatch. I do dry-hatch for my chicken eggs, and I realize that now I have to monitor humidity because I cant dry-hatch quail eggs.

Window is a must lol if your curious lol

quintinp: If you was to cut a piece out of the fridge door and silicone a piece of plexiglass onto it then you will have a nice see through door.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yeah I tried that, but i am gonna have to get the incubator taken apart, and then lay it on its back, and then cut the door, the door, is covered with a piece of wood, for looks, and behind the wood is a thick sheet of aluminum, then there is the foam insulation.

Quote:

Yes I agree dry hatching quail eggs is impossible!!! I have to keep my humidity 40% for the first couple weeks then up it to 50-55%. I have a 90% hatch from my own eggs
smile.png

My chickens hatching http://tinyurl.com/6zy9lz8
jumpy.gif
when camera is dark means lights have turned off but they will turn back on quickly. 2 eggs hasn't hatched today or they are late or not fertile. Almost positive not fertile.But hey everytime I hatch I get almost 100% hatch rate.I never candled this batch.All eggs have hatched on 21st day.I need to slow down cause I'm getting way to many chickens.
barnie.gif
I will sex them tomorrow

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom