Homemade chicken coop

chicks4kids

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
Northern Indiana
Here are some pics of my coop which ended up costing just around $50- $17 for hardware cloth, $13 for replacement panes of some windows, and $15 for the white farm & garden paint. Everything else was things I rummaged and found. The walls are insulated garage doors that were thrown out from the business next to my husbands work, windows were given-all I had to do was knock on the door and ask, 2x4's were leftover from construction, donated, 4x8 sheets for roof was in our garage, axle and swivel wheel came from my FIL and planter boxes were given to us as well. So you can see, it was just pretty much stuff laying around or given.

DSC04952.jpg

DSC04951.jpg

DSC04974.jpg

DSC04975.jpg

DSC04989.jpg

I have enclosed the underside of the coop with fencing and also the front section with the window boxes now has a large fenced and netted area for them to scratch around in. But I am already making plans for a larger coop...
big_smile.png

Yeah, the wheels look alittle funny, and I'm seriously looking for another axle for where the swivel wheel is, because it makes it incredibly easy to move around the yard. It took me about a week to NOT laugh at the wheels!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom