Homemade Chicken Feeder Pics wanted

finishedfilled.jpg

More pics here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=306625
smile.png

My PVC cont. feeder was great until summer humidity took over and the feed didn't flow as well from the storage area into the trough. Same with the feeder I made from buckets and flower pot trays, no flow in humid weather....and we don't even get the high humidity that most folks get.

I've found that my trough feeder is not so tempermental. LOVE the idea in the pic above, though! Cool, cool, cool!

Quote:
I like this concept but what do you do when it rains and fills up the bowl with soggy feed.

I made mine totally free. Used a lg ice cream bucket cutting holes around sides at bottom with paring knife. With construction glue I attached frisbie to bottom, lip up. filled , attached lid and used hanging plant hanger attached to bucket handle to hang in run. Could use chain or rope if extra length needed. Small enough that chicks can jump on to knock crumbles out into frisbee but too small for them to be comfortable enough to stay perched on. Holds 5-6lbs of feed.

Quote:
I built this one & it does well.I didn't build it to the roof. Mine holds about 50 lbs. I attached mine to the inside w
63768_p7250097.jpg
all of the coop about 5 inches off the ground. I also put a board at an angle so the chickens can't poop in it.

Back
Top Bottom