Homemade Cooler/Fridge-a-Bator Hatcher Instructions/Diagram

I have a 100 watt bulb and a 40 watt in the back of the top part. You can see them behind the heat lamp. The heat lamp goes on and off to regulate the temp. I have two wafer thermostats- one that is working and the other is there in case the first breaks.

I put the pink towel into the water draped over a rod and that adds more humidity to the machine when the chicks are hatching.

The big red tub holds two gallons of water. The fan is on the right that circulates the air from top to bottom. I do not have humidity problems.

Tim

I like it alot. May have to use some of those ideas when my DH builds a cabinet bator one day. He really wants to do one that is like a piece of fine furniture. Thanks again for the pictures!

Quote:
Curling Irons the 1" + ones are about $2 in most fleamarkets.

The have a 38W 110V heater inside them, and they come out real easy
smile.png

OMG so smart! I have some that has a dial to increase the temp. Could that work? I mean it could adjust from low to high heat.....
tongue.png

Last edited:
You mean the shelf liner? I do like it because you can throw it away or disinfect and use it again, plus it it non-slip and keeps rough navels they sometimes have at hatch from scraping on metal and bleeding too much. Makes the metal shelf easier to clean, too.

Back
Top Bottom