Oh and I was wondering how you add water for humidity?
There is a can hanging inside i should get some pictures of it
The humidity is controlled by how much surface area the water has, so i experimented with different size dishes and one of our drinking glasses keeps the humidity right at 50

Well it all looks great. And judging by the little chick pictures it's functional :highfive:
So what do you think your total cost ended up being for the build?

I can't wait to see little popcorn duxies.

I have so many call duck eggs I don't know what to do with them all.
I really do not have time to be raising ducklings right now but you all are giving me the hatching bug. 😖

I have to

We are not that dumb, give us some credit! It cost you a bunch of time, i bet if you were working a minimum wage job you could have bought an incubator with the time it took.😁
it took 6 hours over 2 weeks
I make everything to keep my reliance on outside sources to a minimum and retention of curency to the maximum, i wanted an incubator and now i have one at zero cost, i couldve watched TV for 6 hours over 2 weeks but now i feel accomplished

everytime you commit to a project there are skills learned and experience gained and it will only help you more in the future. I could never afford a home as an average canadian without being as self suficient as possible

it took 6 hours over 2 weeks
I make everything to keep my reliance on outside sources to a minimum and retention of curency to the maximum, i wanted an incubator and now i have one at zero cost, i couldve watched TV for 6 hours over 2 weeks but now i feel accomplished

everytime you commit to a project there are skills learned and experience gained and it will only help you more in the future. I could never afford a home as an average canadian without being as self suficient as possible
I love your resourcefulness! You have made/built some really cool stuff!

Back
Top Bottom