Homemade deodorant... It's the bomb!

My coconut "oil" is a solid at room temperature. I plan to warm it up to incorporate the dry ingredients.

Also I will use potato starch as I"m moving away from corn when ever I can find an alternative. Hope it works just as well.
fl.gif

For anyone interested, if you go to Spectrum's FaceBook page and "Like" them, you can get a $3 off coupon of one item. I bought a 14oz. jar of the organic coconut oil for $6.64 today at Target and used the coupon to get it at nearly half off! You can't beat that!

Very interesting thread going to have to try this! ;)

As I have been reading this....
and seeing your photo of the deodorant in the bag..
is the deodorant itself soft enough to be
mushed all in one piece to be pressed into one of
these for easy application to arms? :)
(actually i thought this was a cool idea lol)
18_Push_Pop_Containers_ppcs185__71917.1345054577.1280.1280.png

In a desparate attempt to try this recipe today (it is over 85 here). I substituted cream of tarter instead of corn starch. So far so good. By now I would have washed for the fifth time today or jumped in the shower a couple times. The real test will be when I see my Dad he is always so forthright when he thinks I need a shower (I see they don't have an emoticon with a smiley face pinching his nose or I would have used it here
sickbyc.gif
).

Very interesting thread going to have to try this! ;)

As I have been reading this....
and seeing your photo of the deodorant in the bag..
is the deodorant itself soft enough to be
mushed all in one piece to be pressed into one of
these for easy application to arms? :)
(actually i thought this was a cool idea lol)
18_Push_Pop_Containers_ppcs185__71917.1345054577.1280.1280.png
Wonderful!!

I had been planning to make sticky by rolling like plydough, but these! these are nifty!

In a desparate attempt to try this recipe today (it is over 85 here). I substituted cream of tarter instead of corn starch. So far so good. By now I would have washed for the fifth time today or jumped in the shower a couple times. The real test will be when I see my Dad he is always so forthright when he thinks I need a shower (I see they don't have an emoticon with a smiley face pinching his nose or I would have used it here
sickbyc.gif
).
I do not know if you have a Bravo store in your area, but they sell bags of rice flour and tapioca flour. I use them to thicken things when I do not want to use flour or corn starch.
I love bravo. It is like going on vacation to the Caribbean without leaving home.

Cream of tartar is the grape acid that they use in baking powder, right? That might get uncomfortable after awhile -or it might kill off the offending bacteria. You may have a key ingredient. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
Quote: Corn starch is used as an ingredient to ABSORB moisture. THat is why it works well as a thickener-- it absorbes many times it weight in water, especially when cooked at hgh heat ( higher than human body temp). Potato startch is becoming available more and more, and is a good sub for corn starch. Cream of tartar-- might depend on what the fillers are . . . ??

The cream of tartar worked like a charm. My consistency was a little like thick thick gravy, but I used the back of a spoon to apply it I even went like 30 hours before applying more and it held the rest of the day and yesterday was 91. Here in CA we are having a water shortage so I try and conserve as much as I can, however my landlord came over yesterday morning and said my lawn was dying so my lawn got my shower water yesterday
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom