Homemade duck feed? (emergency ration) UPDATE: PLEASE ANSWER I REALLY NEED TO KNOW ASAP

Antomongis

Chirping
Jun 11, 2020
Hi I have 2 beautiful Pekin ducks that are about 2 months old. I ordered some feed expecting it to come today but not the shipment date has been moved until Sunday! My ducks have no feed left to eat and have been foraging for the most part but also eating peas, spinach, grapes, corn, peanuts, and oats. I know that this diet does not contain all of the nutrients that they need and I really don't want to continue feeding them this through Sunday as they have been without food since Tuesday. Does anyone have a great emergency ration to feed their ducks when commercial feed is not available? I really appreciate any help you can offer! Do you think that my ducks will be okay without a feed until Sunday or should I run to the farm store tomorrow? It is an hour away from where I live so it would definitely be better if I can feed them with what I have at home. Thank you!

Oh yes worms are a big hit. I buy Salmon an Pea grain free dog food for my dogs and my birds love it it’s not a big piece of kibble so they can swallow easily if larger piece defiently take the hammer to it first.

Do you have any friends or neighbors who can share a bit? even chicken feed is fine. My pekin eat whole corn and a basic pellet.

They aren't super young, so that is in your favor. My scovies right now barely eat, they just forage about and nibble at a ration usually come evening.

Thank you so much for your response. I am happy to hear that you think it will be okay. I asked around and nobody seems to have any food even for chickens. I am hoping that they will be okay with foraging and some extra veggies and grains. I found about 100 worms for them this morning too haha.

O-ok I wasn't sure if it would be a little early or not for that kind of whole treat without maybe first breaking it up smaller for them? Our Fowl go crazy over fresh earth worms, very entertaining to watch.:lau

I am thinking about mixing it with some water and whirling it up in the blender since the pellets are a little large and I wouldn't want them to choke. Worms our mine's favorite as well!!

Back
Top Bottom