Homemade Duck Feeders...

Quote:
Great!! I love my feeder. It is so light weight. Not heavy at all. Whenever I want to move it because of the weather, I just pick it up and place under my raised coop. I am have 2 more of them built. I have 0 waste. The sides are so high that nothing spills out and the animals can't get in to kick any feed out.

And as you said, it's a great money saver.
thumbsup.gif

I really like the PVC feeder of yours kuntry, did you design them and have someone build them for you?

Thank you.

I came up with the design myself. I came about this idea because of how many animals I have. I knew that I had to have a "buffet line" type of feeding system and that meant I needed a long trough like feeder. And I needed something that I could place anywhere in the chicken yard and not have the chickens or ducks get inside to kick feed out. Also, I needed to be able to pick the feeder up and place under my raised covered coop to protect the feeder from the rain. I told my ideas to my builder and he built what I wanted. I love them. They hold feed all day long. I fill up once a day or every other day depending on how much they eat. As far as the weather, I know in advance when it is going to rain so I always pick up the feeders so they don't get wet. When the weather is nice, I keep the feeders in the chicken yard.

Quote:
How do you keep the weather out?

it's pretty low tech. If it is raining, the food bowls goes in the coop. If it is nice out, the food bowls go outside.

Where did you get that black container? I have been looking for one. Can you tell me what it says on the label? Thanks!

We can recycle a 5 Gallon Bucket to a duck demand feeder using a Peckomatic bird feeder kit. The Ducks will get feeds from the bucket only when they peck on the red catch dish of the feeder. Thus it prevent over eating by ducks.

watch video of ducks using this feeder
0.jpg
Those ducks are gorgeous and those feeders are really interesting . Thanks for sharing this. the catch pan for the duck feeder looks larger than the one advertized on the web site.

Last edited:
Here are ours, made of PVC bits from the local home supply - work fantastically, keep the food dry and critter free!

Cheers'

Dan!

Last edited:
Hey Dan! I know this is a few years later, but did your ducks have any trouble eating out of that type of feeder? Are there any insides of them? or are they just straight tubes? Thanks! Jed

Back
Top Bottom