homemade duck toys?

hschisel

Chirping
Dec 30, 2019
Boise Idaho
does anyone have any ideas for homemade toys/games that keep their ducks entertained? I hate to buy that overpriced junk for birds, and Ferdinand doesn't show any interest anyways. right now, besides torturing the kids, he likes to play with this mini basketball we have, or attack his stuffed animals for a few.
he's a real odd duck! pretty sure he thinks he's a human, and is the least duck-like duck I've ever met! he is in need of some new entertainment to keep him from pestering the kids and trying to eat their toes!

does anyone have any ideas for homemade toys/games that keep their ducks entertained? I hate to buy that overpriced junk for birds, and Ferdinand doesn't show any interest anyways. right now, besides torturing the kids, he likes to play with this mini basketball we have, or attack his stuffed animals for a few.
he's a real odd duck! pretty sure he thinks he's a human, and is the least duck-like duck I've ever met! he is in need of some new entertainment to keep him from pestering the kids and trying to eat their toes!
I drill a hole through cabbages and hang them from the top of the run.

I drill a hole through cabbages and hang them from the top of the run.
I can totally envision this and it cracks me up! that's a great idea for outside definitely, but as for indoors we will have to figure out something less messy haha he already makes a giant mess with his food/water and feathers from his constant state of molting!

I can totally envision this and it cracks me up! that's a great idea for outside definitely, but as for indoors we will have to figure out something less messy haha he already makes a giant mess with his food/water and feathers from his constant state of molting!
I see no reason why you couldn't do this inside! There is zero mess from it. The cabbage is hanging and they just pick at it. I used a skinny long paddle bit to drill the hole through and a skinny dowel to push the bailing string through the hole. Easey Peasy!
IMG_1340.JPG

I see no reason why you couldn't do this inside! There is zero mess from it. The cabbage is hanging and they just pick at it. I used a skinny long paddle bit to drill the hole through and a skinny dowel to push the bailing string through the hole. Easey Peasy!
View attachment 2007435
your ducks don't peck the living hell out of it? since Ferdinand is incredibly picky (note my last thread), he will NOT eat ANY fresh food anymore! it's been probably almost 6 months I'd say. if he is given things like that he just shreds and tosses the shrapnel everywhere BUT his mouth! Im afraid he'd go crazy on the cabbage and I'd come home to coleslaw!!

your ducks don't peck the living hell out of it? since Ferdinand is incredibly picky (note my last thread), he will NOT eat ANY fresh food anymore! it's been probably almost 6 months I'd say. if he is given things like that he just shreds and tosses the shrapnel everywhere BUT his mouth! Im afraid he'd go crazy on the cabbage and I'd come home to coleslaw!!
well, I guess it would give him something to do instead of always being on the computer or his phone all day long!

Seriously, my ducks do peck the hell out of it. A big cabbage only lasts a week but I don't see any of it on the ground so they must be eating it. I do have 11 ducks but still, I've not seen a shred of it on the ground.

well, I guess it would give him something to do instead of always being on the computer or his phone all day long!

Seriously, my ducks do peck the hell out of it. A big cabbage only lasts a week but I don't see any of it on the ground so they must be eating it. I do have 11 ducks but still, I've not seen a shred of it on the ground.
hahaha those darn teenage ducks and their cell phones and Snapchat and rap music!

Chuck and Buck love baby toys, especially the baby cell phone with buttons that make noise.toys with lights and mirrors are fun.

Outside they like little balls with jingle bells in them made for kitties. And barreling through the hole in the fence and making their way to the big pool.

Back
Top Bottom