Homemade flock block recipes

Quote:
Hi rosajrms and welcome to BYC!
How to convince hubby to allow chickens? Do what I did. Beg every day for six months for a horse. Then say I settle for some chickens!
wink.png

There's another great motivator, but this being a family-friendly forum I can't go into detail about it.
Yes, there is some companies that make and deliver coops. I have my eye on a pre-made one for my second flock, i.e., the flock my fiance' knows nothing about YET.
big_smile.png
Not cheap though. The one I'm looking at with the run you buy seperate is gonna set me back about $600! Craigslist is a good source.

I love the horse idea. I also want a goat. And then, I saw somewhere that you should have a donkey to guard the goat.

lol

thanks much, will start

I was thinking of adding some grease to the mix.I made hamburgers and the grease is sitting in a can.I know the other nite I gave the chickens toast with turkey gravy and they loved it.I would think it would help for winter fat too.I know I add it to the dog food.

Quote:
Holy cow, trying saying that five times fast...

OMG you guys make me laugh. I am crying at the same time watching PS I love you. eeks!

I wonder if you could add berries to it? I know that alot of suet cakes have berries in them.... hmmm I am gonna have to try this. Maybe I could get some butcher lard from hubby's cousin when he butchers his steers this time. That would certainly bind all the good stuff together for them.

Quote:
Yep, mine's in the oven too. I'll let ya know about mine even if it is a disaster! Just please don't tell my SO I'm baking for my chickens. He already thinks I need professional help for my chook obsession.
wink.png

omg....im glad its not just me....my mother has actually threatened to take me to the hospital....no joke!

Beau coop....i have to ask...what kind of birds are those in your avatar pic? i dont mean this in a mean way, but it actually looks like u plucked them before killing them for din din.....again dont mean anything bad by this...curiousity killed the cat

nm....i looked up naked chickens and there they were! i now know those arent urs but they belong to israel or something lol

Last edited:
So, when I start making this for my chickens next winter, how hard should it be? Like a dry cake or like peanut brittle? Could you mix in a cake of suet for birds?

I love being off-beat. And, am a breast cancer survivor. So what if I want some fun life around me?

Quote:
Kryp,
Aren't they just too scary! Those are the real Frankenchicken. I think they are worse than the cornish x.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom