Homemade Fly Traps ?

Kitty Cat

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 13, 2011
Campos De La Gracia
I've been having horrible trouble with flies these past few weeks. I've tried all kinds of things! I did apple jelly with a hint of soap, fruit juice with a drop of soap, vinegar and fruit juice with a drop of soap, soapy water, and yeast!

I've been catching more yellow jackets, wasps, and honeybees than flies! Really more yellow jackets. I don't want to catch honeybees! I just bought some fly bait from the feed store, yet I haven't caught a single fly!!

Does anyone have any suggestions for fly traps?

Honestly I've killed more flies with the fly swatter than anything else!
barnie.gif

I use a product called EZTRAP. It looks like a yellow lantern ( about 5" in Dia and 6" tall). ITS VERY STICKY and catches anything that lands on it.. I hang two in my coops. Make sure the chickens can't get to it. the one I had in my shop got a small bird. He pulled all his feathers off trying to get free. cost about $10 for two pak at local feed store.

I use Golden Malrin. It is also a fly bait, available at feed stores. It definately works. Take the lid off your stinky garbage can and sprinkle a small amount on top. There will be dead flies evrywhere. Be sure other animals can`t get at it.......Pop

You can paint a piece of plywood black and set it on 2x2 or 2x4 legs over top of a pan of soapy water. The flies are attracted to the heat emanating from the dark painted surface, bounce off of it and land in the soapy water where they drown.

Back
Top Bottom