homemade greenhouse

I built a 9 foot by 11 foot greenhouse with 2x4's .I have a plywood floor and it is working very well .It's covered with a heavy poly ( double layer ) so the light is difused so I don't get burn out .
EGpics096_zps4819d156.jpg
i love this and want to use it for my yard. We live where its cold starting in October and below zero most of the winter until March. Does this do well in deep winter? And you have a wood floor, so i take it no ground planting? Just pots ?

make sure to get woven poly. the film type plastic breaks down in the sun and you will have plastic dime sized pieces everywhere.
hoop house is your most cost efficient method and can be built small or big. plus they are simple to take down. rebar cut in 4ft lengths, slide pvc in and screw to put pressure on rebar. pull plastic over and clip with pvc greenhouse clamps.
search around commercial industry areas for pallets. you can break them down to reuse or just cut in half to form simple wall

I haven't used it in the winter months , unfortunately we are excessively cold in this area and as such heating it so far isn't a option . I just used pot's , but one could build wooden beds and grow inside them ? I wanted a floor because of mice etc . As was said reinforced poly would be better , unable to find it here so I did a double layer of 6 mil poly , so far it's all holding well

I haven't used it in the winter months , unfortunately we are excessively cold in this area and as such heating it so far isn't a option . I just used pot's , but one could build wooden beds and grow inside them ? I wanted a floor because of mice etc .  As was said reinforced poly would be better , unable to find it here so I did a double layer of 6 mil poly , so far it's all holding well
you did a great jobon that green house, im looking to find someone to build it for me. Thanks for the info!

This tread help me to decide to move my box coop and turn the area above into the mini garden for herbs during winter months. I am also using the roof collect water for the chicken. Is it best to use CLEAR or WHITE roof material? I think white is best, but wouldn't hurt for other opinions.

This tread help me to decide to move my box coop and turn the area above into the mini garden for herbs during winter months. I am also using the roof collect water for the chicken. Is it best to use CLEAR or WHITE roof material? I think white is best, but wouldn't hurt for other opinions.

Do you need sunlight to get into the greenhouse for heat and light, or do you need shade to keep the greenhouse from getting too hot during the day?

Do you need sunlight to get into the greenhouse for heat and light, or do you need shade to keep the greenhouse from getting too hot during the day?

It is going to be in the sunlight 8-10 hrs a day. I can always plant few trees to block some sunlight. I live in Washington State so the weather is not really hot year round.

Back
Top Bottom