Homemade GUMP Bread - best I've found! **New pics added on pg. 5**

thanks

I got one nice loaf on a pan

and I have 8 kaiser type rolls....I did not handle them very much....just made some different sizes to see how big they get or if they kinda true to the rolled out size.

So like 2 big ones, 2 big but small, 2 smaller and 2 alot smaller..

HA HA

Just experimenting and another poster said the dough is silky soft....yes it is....I like that.

They are in the oven....here we go.

I'll let ya know what happens---and thanks!!!

I don't do seeds on much...Tony has that diverticulius and I try to avoid seeds and such cause of him.

Alright I made 1 loaf and 10 little rolls for our dinner tonight.

We just got done eating and everybody liked them... got 4 kids (15,14,10 &9) and they ate them up with their stew
smile.png
We only have 1/2 a loaf and 3 rolls left, its a keeper in our house now... THANKS gumpsgirl for your wonderful recipe.

13838_000_0016bread.jpg
[/img]

WOW FAB tasting.
this was 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 bread flour

made 6 rolls and one big FLAT loaf....LOL---it is ugly and warped but the taste is fab! Don't be laughing at the big ugly flat loaf now! LOL

Tony walked thru the door from work the minute I pulled them out and inhaled 2 rolls and some of the big loaf.

I know with some time and a good bread pan, I can make this into a fab loaf of bread.

So easy

THANKS SO MUCH FOR PASSING THIS to me......I needed a super easy delish bread and I could do this one.

I want to add some honey to make honey wheat type......just add a little? would that be OK?

Last edited:
for honey, substitute it for the sugar. (use a bit less. it tastes sweeter. i wish i could remember the formula, but i can't. maybe someone will know and post.)

with the wheat bread, you can let it rise a little longer or add gluten to the mix and it will help your bread be lighter. it's normal for wheat to be heavy.

they look pretty!

where is gumpsgirl anymahoo?

ahh, that is interesting...let them rise a bit longer. Sounds good to me. I know I can make this more professional looking eventually....lol....all I need is a little practice.

thanks for the great info.

gumpsgirl Thanks for sharing! I tried it for supper last night. We all loved it. I modified the directions, not the ingredients, so I could use my bread machine, it worked wonderfully!!

Hey everyone! Glad this recipe is working out for so many of you! It really is a fab recipe and truly the best I've found.

FarmerChick - Glad you tried with the wheat! I haven't gotten around to doing that yet, have wondered how it would come out. If it was a bit heavy this time, try cutting the wheat flour back a 1/2 a cup to 1 cup more and see if that helps. You will still have some wheat in there, so it will be okay!
wink.png

Quote:
Sorry I was MIA! LOL! Wednesdays are Boy Scout days and very busy for me from mid afternoon on through the rest of the day. I don't have much time to get on here, let alone look through the posts. Please forgive me for my tardiness!
big_smile.png

I also thank you miss_jayne for doing such an excellent job in answering all of the questions!
smile.png

Quote:
Yep! You are so welcome! Glad it has worked out for so many of you!

I actually am getting rid of my bread maker this weekend (giving it to my sister) because I just don't have a need for it any longer! This bread comes out so good and since I can use my dough hook on my KitchenAid mixer to mix it, the bread maker is headed out!
smile.png

when you say "roll up like cinnamon rolls" - do you mean like if I was making a yule log type of thing that had something in the center? LOL

Can I put this into bread pans vs. just leaving it on a sheet?

Back
Top Bottom