HomeMade Incubator Contest - 3/09 - Winners Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
We finished our incubator tonight and I've updated my BYC Web Page. Now just waiting on some eggs!!
smile.png

Bil

I have my plan, now I just need to buy the supplies and build it. Hopefully it will be done withing the week.

For all of you good folks who are using the 8125 water heater thermostat or similar model..you DO know that the little plastic "tray" piece that comes with it is the COVER for those exposed screws with AC wiring don't you? I have seen lots of the DIY bators now with electricians tape wrapped around them, to being enclosed in junction boxes, etc etc. That little plastic plate snaps over the top to cover those exposed screws and wiring..yet still leaves the adjustment screw exposed for easy access.

Just thought I'd let you all know, in case you didn't know what that plastic plate is for. Also, it'll help your thermostat be more "accurate"...the thermostat back acts as a "heat sink" and if you wrap strands of tape around it, or enclose it into a junction box it's going to throw the termostat sensitivity off somewhat.

Just an FYI.

Dan

Mine didnt come with a tray or cover. I looked through the whole box at Lowes and none had it

Okay, we've updated the BRAND NEW incubator page!!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/chicken-coop-incubator.html

Please take a look and let us know if everything looks okay and that we've got all the submissions so far.

I think we've got about enough to close the contest and pick a winner, but we'll leave the contest open for 1 more week just in case!
big_smile.png

So, the contest will close end of day: 2/27/09

thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom