HomeMade Incubator Contest - 3/09 - Winners Announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, I just posted an update on my page with pics of the babies that had hatched, while still in the bator. They're quite cute!
celebrate.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I really like your design and detailed instructions!!! The only thing I don't quite understand ("how it works") is the turner. From the pictures it appears that the box will not turn all the way over and if it did the eggs would fall out. I am obviously missing something here, and would love to be set straight on how this part actually functions! Please?
smile.png

Last edited:
I am curious about a couple things in your design. With your thermostat located on the opposite side of the bator, furthest away from your heat source, do you get a "hot spot" near the foil area? I would think you would especially with the styrofoam egg containers blocking the way between the thermostat and light bulb. Do you find your eggs cooler when they are "tilted" away from the heat source, as again, I would think the styrofoam would block some of that heat and cause cooler temps when the eggs are tipped towards the thermostat.

Just a couple questions I had. thanks
smile.png

Dan

Quote:
I really like your design and detailed instructions!!! The only thing I don't quite understand ("how it works") is the turner. From the pictures it appears that the box will not turn all the way over and if it did the eggs would fall out. I am obviously missing something here, and would love to be set straight on how this part actually functions! Please?
smile.png

LOL, you dont need to turn the eggs all the way over, the pvc pipe runs through the cooler, and sticks out so that is your handle, you just twist the handle and the egg basket leans from one side to the other. I guees you arent acctually "turning the eggs over" but more like "tilting" them...rocking them from one side to the other.

Last edited:
Furniture Bator

My goal was to make a bator that would fit into the decor of the house. Other than being a little large, I think this will make a nice plant stand or end table. I am going to make a similar piece that will be functional as an end table.

Here is my entry. I have a few more things to finish up before its ready for a test run. I will be adding 1" foam insulation between the inner and outer box on all sides but the front. I also have to add a water bucket on the upper shelf and hook up the remaining electronics. There is an outlet wired on the top shelf between the fans, and the tstat will be under the shelf towards the front. I will also add a window and a nicer door at some point along with final trim on the cabinet

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=9878-cabinet-incubator

9878_100_4784.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom