Homemade Incubator Temperature Range - Help

I know this is an old thread, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents for those who are reading it now. I had the same problem- fluctuation from 96-104 degrees. I moved the water heater thermostat about a centimeter away from the bulb with the back side facing the bulb. This helped immensely! I also have 3 mason jars full of water and a PC fan directly under the bulb and thermostat (like, a centimeter below the bulb). Now, the temperature stays at 99-100 degrees. With a tiny cup of water, humidity is around 55%.
!

Thank you so much for this - I have been tinkering for days with my stupid thermostat and I was getting very frustrated! This looks like it will help immensely!

I would like to ad something I've seen this problem posted on several thread for those of you with water heater stats the solution is simple,if you drill to small holes about 3/16"into the back and face the back of stat towards bulb and put a computer fan blowing on the bulb a few inches away it works absolutely perfect I have to incubators one a 2dollar WallMART STYROFOAM one and a wooden cabinet one it works perfect with zero flux.mine both hold steady at 99,the extra holes make it more sensitive to heat,for 8$ can't beat it hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom