Homemade incubator

Ted n Ms

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 7, 2011
Mississippi
I was in tsc today and saw the auto egg turners. An idea popped in my head. Why can't i pay 45.00 dollars for the turner and build the bator to fit the turner.
D.gif

I was in tsc today and saw the auto egg turners. An idea popped in my head. Why can't i pay 45.00 dollars for the turner and build the bator to fit the turner.
D.gif

Thats what I did.Been great too.The turner was the most expensive part.I bought the turner first and hauled it around tell iI found a cheap/not working small ref/or freezer that would make a easy nice conversion. 2 mini 110vac fans /2 40w bulbs and sockets for heat / 1 7 1/2 w bulb and socket for nite light / 1 used RANCO 111000 thermostat /small piece of plexiglass for window.A little wireing and WALLA.And the best part it will hold 3 turners easy.The only Gripe I got is those turners are so cheesy.But tell I can build one kind of like GQF Sportsman uses this will have to do...cva34

I have a manual turner in my homebuilt. But its really not that big a deal. I turn it when I leave for work, when I get home & when I go to bed.

Simple. & it will never break down!

I did the same, I am currently waiting for a temp controller that I ordered, then eggs go in!

I made mine to fit two turners, or one turner and one hatching tray. I figured that way I can start a batch of eggs every two weeks if I want. not sure I want to unless I can sell the chicks easily.

Jerry

Back
Top Bottom