Homemade Incubators

I made this with a 225 watt Incukit from Incubator Warehouse and some stuff I had around the garage and alot of spare time...lol It has worked really well so far and I am working on a double front door model that I am going to have more of a control panel type of operation with switches to turn off power to the turners, fan and heater itself seperately instead of just power strips mounted behind the cabinet. I really like the remote water fill tubing for lockdown though. The pics do not show it but it now has a fan in the bottom of it to better circulate the air. All shelves are 1/4 hardware cloth on aluminum frames and I have 3 inch tall plexiglass walls I add for lockdown. The shelves are on cabinet slides with stainless steel hardware and work great. I will try to get pics of new one under construction.

Nothing fancy here, a insulated plywood box, removable top with double pane diploma frames, a small front access door (sized to fit my hand with an egg in it). Homemade egg turner. Digital thermostat and Inc. Wh. digital thermostat/hygrometer. Computer fans & telephone power supply for them. Funnel and tube to add water, external switch for turner. 19 hatched out of 24 eggs last time

top side

It don't set on end like the pic, I could not get it to rotate (amature)

Working on first hatch

I'm thinking about building a incubator out of a broken wine cooler on Craigslist. My 24 egg brinsea isn't big enough anymore lol I would probably want to be able to fit 3 dozen in it. Would using a cooler or a wine cooler be cheaper? Or just building one out of wood?

Well he is something to look at for sure! I have two pairs that I hope to be Rosecomb. They are 3 months old and I can tell they have rosecombs and the earlobes are lighter but not the white yet! Im crossing my fingers! I have a BB Red Rosecomb pair though!

Back
Top Bottom