Homemaker and denied credit

I haven't worked for nearly 20 years and I have had no credit but I have had to pay for things like I have the trash in my name the phone in my name the Bank of America card I got one Issued in my name from my husbands acount I also was about to get a creit card from CAPITAL ONE they will give anyonme a card. I had nearly got to their limit they gave me 1,700 I was paying on something for 5 years I think and The when the house burnt up (in April 2012 my fahters house caught on fire and my son and father died in the fire) I paid off everything I have nedical bills and car payments and once I paid them off my credit got better it is 740 and I was able to get credit card now not ever one is wanting to get me a credit card I just resently got one from chase and it is the highes one 4,000 some thing I have one from discovery Cpaital one Bank of America that isd not linked to my husband's account now most of them are 1,0000 something this is find with me I can biuld more credit. Now I still have not worked any but I was able to get all of these do you have anything just you pay for that is in your name? or anything in his or your name I saw the bank of America card went I had a free credit report and I didn't have any credit cards it had me as linked with his account and it said I never missed a payment I did but who will argue this with them. I started out with Capit One I took this because you can put what ever you want on the card Pisture that is I tried before but no one would give me a card it was like I had the plaque, this wouold be a good starter.
I never want one that has 17,000 wich my husband had till we got a new car (USED) it then went down to 14,000 because they said we were a rish I called and this it what they told me. I am ok with whatever they give me it helps to help your credit see if capital one wiil give you a credit card at the time I got one from them I didn't have any credit score so you should be able to get one. It will not be much and they don't raise the credit on you so this is good in a way I have asked them to but they don't . from there it may give you enough maybe the other credit companies need to see you are on a credit card and see you make the payments I miss a few with capital one but it has not hurt my score I guess.

Hope this is some help. I also learned one thing about credit it is very easy to rack up amounts and it is hard to pay off this is why I was good with 1,000 something.
oh and I put on them UNEMPLOYED not homemaker, I used my husband's income for ANNUAL INCOME.

Good luck

Rhayden

I haven't worked for nearly 20 years and I have had no credit but I have had to pay for things like I have the trash in my name the phone in my name the Bank of America card I got one Issued in my name from my husbands acount I also was about to get a creit card from CAPITAL ONE they will give anyonme a card. I had nearly got to their limit they gave me 1,700 I was paying on something for 5 years I think and The when the house burnt up (in April 2012 my fahters house caught on fire and my son and father died in the fire) I paid off everything I have nedical bills and car payments and once I paid them off my credit got better it is 740 and I was able to get credit card now not ever one is wanting to get me a credit card I just resently got one from chase and it is the highes one 4,000 some thing I have one from discovery Cpaital one Bank of America that isd not linked to my husband's account now most of them are 1,0000 something this is find with me I can biuld more credit. Now I still have not worked any but I was able to get all of these do you have anything just you pay for that is in your name? or anything in his or your name I saw the bank of America card went I had a free credit report and I didn't have any credit cards it had me as linked with his account and it said I never missed a payment I did but who will argue this with them. I started out with Capit One I took this because you can put what ever you want on the card Pisture that is I tried before but no one would give me a card it was like I had the plaque, this wouold be a good starter. I never want one that has 17,000 wich my husband had till we got a new car (USED) it then went down to 14,000 because they said we were a rish I called and this it what they told me. I am ok with whatever they give me it helps to help your credit see if capital one wiil give you a credit card at the time I got one from them I didn't have any credit score so you should be able to get one. It will not be much and they don't raise the credit on you so this is good in a way I have asked them to but they don't . from there it may give you enough maybe the other credit companies need to see you are on a credit card and see you make the payments I miss a few with capital one but it has not hurt my score I guess. Hope this is some help. I also learned one thing about credit it is very easy to rack up amounts and it is hard to pay off this is why I was good with 1,000 something. oh and I put on them UNEMPLOYED not homemaker, I used my husband's income for ANNUAL INCOME. Good luck Rhayden

I am so sorry about the house fire which affected your family so, my heart just goes out to you.I know that was a very hard thing to go through.

But your story about the credit is very impressive. I will do the rout that you took in filling out the application. Last time I put down
homemaker and the annual income and was told that because I did not have a job of my own I could not be accpeted.
I will try what you did and see if it makes a difference. Thanks for the tip.

Try Chase or Citi. I got approved for Citi online in like 30 seconds.

It was funny, we had some credit card debt and we were shuffling balances between two cards as we were waiting for our taxes to be deposited. I was like "Why don't I get another card?" and 30 seconds later *BAM* card. Everything is payed off now, but it did help at the time. Normally I would get my taxes back mid January and for some reason it was mid February this time.. I did not want to pay interest, I never do.

I do a little art from home and I claim that as my job on applications. They generally ask for household income, so I put our combined income. I have very good credit, so that helps. So.. basically.. claim a hobby as your job.

I'm in a pickle myself. I have good credit, but no 'real' job. Fiance has a 'real' job, but lousy credit... my mortgage is still in my ex-husband's name, because I can't get refinanced
barnie.gif
We've been divorced 3 years! When I had a job, they told me my bill paying history was too short, because all bills had been in my ex's name.. Then when that was fixed, they fussed because I wasn't on the deed. Then when I was on the deed, they said because of FHA I needed to wait 6 months... Then when I waited 6 months, I couldn't afford the refinance dues... when I had that squared away, I didn't have a job anymore, because of the kids. AAAAHHHH.
roll.png

Credit is a hassle. LOL

Roy Rooster, don't fret my son and my father are together they were in life I think that's why they went in death my father we dreaded to tell him David My son, was gone he we were told would get better and if we told him though he never regain awaremes or came to it was not till we took him off life supprt my siter told him she didn't get it hardly out of her mouth and he was gone we are sure he was waiting to see if David was somewhere I am sure once he found out David was waiting for him he breathed no more. I can't ell you what it is like to loose two family members I can hardly understand how I can go on but somehow it does. I reckon a human being just has something in them that you just go on no matterm it is not being strong or brave or anyting I can think of your life just goes on even if you don't want to get passed this awful event the days and night still go by the sun raise and falls the moon still comes and goes but how can it I have no clue it just does. Don't feel bed for me or pity me as I said my son and father are ok now. both died of smoke and soot intalation.

Thanks for your comfort though.

Rhayden

Roy Rooster, don't fret my son and my father are together they were in life I think that's why they went in death my father we dreaded to tell him David My son, was gone he we were told would get better and if we told him though he never regain awaremes or came to it was not till we took him off life supprt my siter told him she didn't get it hardly out of her mouth and he was gone we are sure he was waiting to see if David was somewhere I am sure once he found out David was waiting for him he breathed no more. I can't ell you what it is like to loose two family members I can hardly understand how I can go on but somehow it does. I reckon a human being just has something in them that you just go on no matterm it is not being strong or brave or anyting I can think of your life just goes on even if you don't want to get passed this awful event the days and night still go by the sun raise and falls the moon still comes and goes but how can it I have no clue it just does. Don't feel bed for me or pity me as I said my son and father are ok now. both died of smoke and soot intalation.

Thanks for your comfort though.

Rhayden

Wow!! Henny Peeny you have an amazing story of strength and courage. I am sure that loosing a family member is something that just cannot be put
into words. I have not had to walk that road yet but I am sure that one day I will. I am glad that you have found peace, well judging by your words you have
found peace with the death of your family members. Could be all things worked out for the best in that situation. Like you said your son and your
father are together. The way what they would have wanted it to be.

Best wishes to you as you continue on your life's journey.

Back
Top Bottom