Homeschooled? how come there are so many on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm home schooled because i did not get along with other people, any of them. grades were terrible because i didn't feel like the teachers had any real authority over me. they are just people, you know. i walked through the hallways of the public schools hearing terrible gossip in small isolated social groups. i listened and watched them betray one another and pretend to be friends. i saw people my age ferociously necking in the high school lounge. i screamed "GET A LIFE! YOU'LL BE PREGNANT NEXT YEAR YOU MORON! HOW OLD ARE YOU TWO, 15?"

eventually I snapped and threw a chair at my biology teacher for saying that all the wolves here in Alaska should be killed like the wolves in the states were. it set me off, i tell you. i got kicked out of the ONLY HIGH SCHOOL IN MY TOWN!

when i started homeschooling by myself in my room my grades went from constant F's to straight A's. I've never failed a single assignment and i am graduating June 4th as the top student in the homeschooling program in the whole state of Alaska.

Public schools certainly are not for socially unacceptable kids who don't at all get along with others. it's great for kids who have a lot of friends and like being around people, but certainly wasn't for me.

homeschooling is the way to go, but it comes with having a lot of time on your hands. it gives you lots of time to spend with your family, make your own money and get whatever you want. why not chickens, eh? the work you put into it pays off for the whole family, they are fun to watch and take care of and you have plenty of time to spend caring for them
smile.png

i love my chickens!
love.gif

Quote:
I was too and agree 100%...

Now to answer the question of the tread.

I think that homeschoolers tend to live more in a virtual world than the real world so the internet is a very likely place to find large concentrations of them...

I was homeschooled for 3 years, and I am currently a public school teacher. I intend on becoming self-sufficient somehow so I can homeschool my own children. I am actually holding off on having a baby, even if I am going to end up being 35 before I get pregnant, until I can afford to homeschool.

I am a liberal human being but I cannot believe how it is the "norm" to be strutting around like a little "dancer" by 14.

I teach biology (to the chair thrower, I don't believe in killing all the wolves ::
hugs.gif
you and puts the chair down::
smile.png
and I get remarks like...

"This is stupid."
"This is boring."
"I want to be a stripper, this is useless to me." (Thankfully, the girl's mother didn't agree with that when I called home...there is hope!!!!)
"Can't we talk about how to make babies?"
"We don't care about science. We care about our nails and hair." (SERIOUSLY.)

I won't even get started with the blatant disrespect, the language, the tolerance and the acceptance of seriously broken, fixed, and re-broken homes, drug use, sexual intercourse, etc. I want my children to be children...not make me a grandmother before they are old enough to hold a job or drive, or become potheads with expensive clothes telling me how I "failed them." No. No. No. No. No.

Anyone can homeschool you don't need to spend a fortune. The library is the best and cheapest way to do it. Our state requires to submit a portfolio of their work every year to show their progress. So I just made some templets of activities. Also online has tons of great worksheets and activity ideas.

Quote:
I am shocked every day by the kids that walk by the house, but I believe that children are a product of their raising for the most part......

I see a day in a generation or so when the government is forced to take a stronger stance on how people raise their kids, because if what they are raising today is the future...we are screwed.....

The majority of kids think they will make millions by becoming a rapper, or a model, sports star or whatever else TV programming convinces them they want to become...... And for some reason reality never seems to set in and instead of becoming a valuble member of society they spend their days on the street corners doing nothing, but acting stupid...

That being said; home schooling is not the answer for the masses.....I think kids need to go to school year around starting at about age 3....

Last edited:
I didn't read all the posts; hope I am not repeating. Can't believe a teacher has 35 students in her class. In my area, teachers have teacher's aides. Is that not common in your areas?

I believe strongly in home-schooling and would definitely do it today--my sons are grown, but people like my relative give home-schooling a bad name. She has not sent her 8 year old to public school but a couple of weeks because this woman is a night owl and too lazy to get the child up. The home has no structure whatever. I know the little girl is very smart but will not be educated. Evidently, she has fallen through the cracks. The school is almost new with good teachers. So sad. Some people should not have pets, let alone children.

My 7 DS's 1st grade class has 38 kids now , and they only get a aide two days a week and only for 3 hours... I work all week 7am to 3pm so as much as i would like to i cant volunteer... It is sad that these teachers have to work so hard because the schools wont get the assistance needed.. It makes me laugh to think that my father went to my sons school in elementary school and nothing has changed, no expansion .. nothing

Maybe as a society we need to stop letting kids think they can be anything they want to be..(rappers, models etc) and let them know "I'm sorry honey you cant be america's next top model but you would make a wonderful doctor or teacher." We live in a society where kids are way over protected and or the complete opposite. Parental involvement is key but hardly anyone seems to do it.

If homeschooling means more parental involvement then more power to those who do. If you can be just as involved while sending your kids to a public/private or alternative school great job! It does take a village unfotunately our village has a "not my problem attitude"

Quote:
I kind of Disagree... I think we should let our kids grow up to be who they want to be.. Its Great for a Kid to dream.. My Nephew who is 5 wants to be a Spaceman.. although he may never really become an astronaut its great for him to dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom