Homeschooling Mom's in West Tx?

^Yeah... typically when they cart someone off in a straight jacket the room gets awful quiet...
tongue.png

Good luck with the typing, I'm not having the least luck with that... though 10-key is going well, esp with DS.
DD, 8, isn't as good with it, but then she's used to working on the laptop that doesn't have one...

I need to get one of those clippy jobbers that goes on your monitor and holds papers. Poda type what's on the paper... while only looking at the paper, not the screen OR the keys. That's what we had in "typing" in high school... that and a teacher that I swear was psychic... from across the room and BEHIND you she could tell if your eyeballs shifted.... it was spooky.

O.k., I was told by the Administrative for the school, that I have to go to court and present my letters to the municipal court and any other documentation I have. They are sorry for any inconvenience it is now out of their hands and in the hands of the State of Texas.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

That is my thought. Call the school and ask why you are getting notices about his being absent when he is not enrolled, and is in fact being homeschooled, and that you notified them of this. Also, how in the heck did they get his aunt's name or address to notifiy her?

Quote:
Earlier you mentioned having a lawyer. Might be a wise move to contact him/her and turn the matter over to him. I also think you might get more cooperation from the school and district if the attorney or you makes a mild suggestion that you are contemplating sueing the district and the school for endandering your son last year by inappropriately handling his diabetes, and harrassment this year as you properly filed notice of withdrawal and the recommended letter of assurance. For that matter, file a complaint with the state about how they mishandled his diabetes, endangering his life. It is not like diabetes is such a rare illness that it would be unlikely for school personel to ever encounter it; I don't know the statistics, but it is not uncommon. One of younest DS's classmates in 3rd or 4th grade was on an insulin pump. One of older DS's soccer teammates was diabetic. And those are the ones I knew about. Chances are there have been others that I simply did not know of.

That would be who told me it's out of their hands, she works at the administrative building, handles the districts enrollment and who sent me the absent letter. The mail is sent to my aunts because we lived there for a short moment, when we moved here, and the house I bought, turns out to have the wrong address or 3 or 4, big long story, but I decided to keep hers until I am giving an official address. It took me 2 weeks to get electric turned on here, because the electric company couldn't find the address I provided (one I bought the house as) I have problems all the time with mail, utilities, fed-ex, you name it, they can't find me. I'm in the middle of no where and apparently it really doesn't exist. Heck google can't even find me.
barnie.gif
I swear I have a target on my forehead, my Aunt says it's the devil trying to bring me down, so I get negative thrown at me, cause he can't or I refuse to let him.
The THSC emailed me and requested everything to be faxed to them, so my Aunt is faxing everything from her work and we will see what happens next!!!
fl.gif

And I won the typing contest, so now DS is in there starting with lesson 1, our new challenge is in 2 weeks, he says he will beat me, cause he will follow the way , now DS # 2 has joined the challenge.
thumbsup.gif
We are so competitive.

Okay, go PAST the administrator, and go straight to the district superintendant. While they may not be able to withdraw their complaint (I assume that it has been handed to a state proscecutor), they sure as heck can provide supplemental information indicating that they are in error. You still pay taxes, so he/she works for you (as do all goverment employees). I cannot imagine that the person proscecuting the case would not want to know ahead of time that her case was flawed from the get go. This is ne reason that an attorney would be a help--they take the stress off you, and know where/who to go to actually get things accomplished.

Shannoniganshens I have been reading this thread and you are already getting good advise so I just want to encourage you and tell you I am praying for you. You are doing what's best, what's right for your son and you will be glad in the end of this terrible mess you are going through!
thumbsup.gif

That's just the thing though, there shouldn't BE a prosecutor for this.

Law is clear, attendance (and anything else) is NOT the domain of schools, districts or even the Texas Education Agency. Period. Districts and TEA have both been slapped down by the Texas Supreme Court over this exact issue. After that TEA notified every district to leave it the heck alone... this district has broken the law, and this court has allowed it... the court itself should have told them they have no leg to stand on instead of allowing this to go forward.

A new principal, from out of state, while stupid to not educate their self I can understand, but the courts allowing them to file NON-EXISTENT charges is just insane... there's something really funky about this whole dang town.

Hopefully THSC can help... this is just bananas.

WTG on the Challenge... isn't it always nice when you show them mom can kick their tails at SOMETHING... maybe not ogres and spellcasting video games... but something nonetheless.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
O.k!!!!! I just talked to HSDLA attorney and the ball is rolling.
fl.gif
Ya'll should see my living room floor, baby gate up with papers all over the place, highlighters, I was getting ready to go at it alone, my lovely lawyer wants 1,000 before he starts any case , then from there I am allowed to make payments, this goes back to that economy downfall, I was told that a lot of lawyers are shutting down because of this struggle for funds. The economy downfall had it's effect on us, took us all summer to get where are we are now and about that target on my forehead, my septic pump just went out !!!!!!!!!!
barnie.gif
Where's that straight jacket ? It did feel good to whoop his hide in some typing and felt really good that DS # 2 is so interested, he's my stubborn one, gives me the most trouble with schoolwork, but at least it's nothing like when he was in public school, he wouldn't do his work at all and would hide homework, home school, he is more relaxed, takes his time and completes it. YAY!!!!!

There's A.D.D., there's A.D.H.D. and I have A.D.O.S. Attention dddd ooooooo shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom