Homeschooling - SUPPORT GROUP

Pics
iv ordered some dvds for my son and nephew from amazon, Liberty kids, school house rock and magic school bus. I remember all of them from when I was younger and thought they would be a good way for they to get a bit of educational information while they get entertained at night while I cook dinner. lol

Oh I LOVE those!!

We get occassional reruns of Liberties Kids-- I especially enjoy the voice of the newsbroadcaster as Mr Franklin. Sorry drawing a blank at the moment on his name.

He reported the news in a time when everything was not a crisis.

I have a few of the Magic School bus dvd's-- a nice intro to many subjects. We were just talking about coffee beans the other day, and yet it has been years since my boys watched the Magic school bus episode on growing coffee beans.

I'm sure you kids will enjoy those dvd's.

iv ordered some dvds for my son and nephew from amazon, Liberty kids, school house rock and magic school bus. I remember all of them from when I was younger and thought they would be a good way for they to get a bit of educational information while they get entertained at night while I cook dinner. lol

I got the kids all those too for Christmas LOL. There is a lady that has a whole science program around MSB. There are all kind of MSB teaching aids you can buy too.

Oh I LOVE those!!

We get occassional reruns of Liberties Kids-- I especially enjoy the voice of the newsbroadcaster as Mr Franklin. Sorry drawing a blank at the moment on his name.

He reported the news in a time when everything was not a crisis.

I have a few of the Magic School bus dvd's-- a nice intro to many subjects. We were just talking about coffee beans the other day, and yet it has been years since my boys watched the Magic school bus episode on growing coffee beans.

I'm sure you kids will enjoy those dvd's.

You can get MSB on netfilx too.

How wonderful this thread is here...what a great support to homeschooling moms.

I homeschooled my three kids (who are all now successful adults), but I now teach afterschool ESL (with my middle daughter), using those wonderful phonics skills and thematic studies I learned for my kids.

I didn't have time to read all 9 pages of this thread, so hopefully I'm not redundant, but here's a fun unit that ties in chickens with homeschooling.

Although it is geared for about 4th-5th grade, I've used this egg/embryo unit for youngsters (about kindergarten) through junior high.

It is free download from OSU Extension Service (4H). I first did it as a 4H unit with my kids and our homeschool co-op, using incubators, but now I do it with my ESL kids using broody hens.
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/4h/4-H1500theincredibleegg.pdf

Then I add these videos for an excellent unit of the egg, chick embryo development and hatching.

Enjoy.
Lady of McCamley

Thanks for the links. I have teacher I am going to send them too.... she is going to hatch for the first time..... without anyone at the school to help her. She is nervous.

I love those links! I'm only going to hatch twice, until my chickens stop producing and I need more babies, but I'm definitely going to do this program all the times. I'm loving all these links!

frow.gif
Hi Special HEn , I'm in Mass too.

OK-- I found one of the 3 book volume. Vol 3 is world Maps

Volume Library 3, for home and school use. PUblisher looks like Southwestern in Nashville, TN, copyright is GeoNova Publishing, Inc.
ISBN 978-0-87197-454-9

A book that cover world countries, state maps, a map of nathional parks in the US. River maps of countried,roads map of many cities-- primarily a reference book. Last 100 pages ( 850pp in book) discusses learnng styles, test taking, SATs, tips, short tests, and GED info.

Belongs in a library-- which is why I like it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom