Homesteaders wanted

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by silverfilly, Dec 23, 2009.

1. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    Just created a new yahoo group for homesteaders to help each other out. I still have bugs to work out and Im working on a website for it as well but please check it out if your interested in homesteading. With the way the economy is going its a good idea to be as self suficiant as possible but most of us did not get raised on homesteads and are learning as we go, this will hopefully help those that need help geting started, sharing ideas helping new homesteaders get livestock, seeds...etc. just a good group to help each other out.

ETA forgot the link...lol http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/homesteadhelper/

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I just wish I could afford to move and live on the 7.5 acres with water rights that I have.

Oh well... it's just dreams.

3. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    We homestead and will be checking you out.....At least I think we homestead....We have a small farm and are about 80% self sufficient.....I wish we could say we were solar but not yet.....

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

4. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Count me in [​IMG]

5. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    http://www.sufficientself.com/

You
    need to checkout BYCs sister site, it has a wealth of information and people who are striving to becomeself sufficient! Loads of great ideas, projects, recipes ect,

Good luck on your venture, but Niffty has already created a great forum very similar to what you are doing. Check it out, maybe save yourself some time on something that is already working well!

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  6. silverfilly

silverfilly Peepin N' Cheepin

Jan 25, 2008
    Kansas
    Thanks everyone, I think its a cool idea and been wanting to do something like this for awhile. I hope it catches on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by