Homesteaders

Nice even rows and easy to weed. If you can find pallets for free of course. If you can find many of them save them up like I do until you have enough for your project.

pallet-garden-3.jpg
pallet-vertical-garden-9.jpg

patio-furniture-from-pallets-in-Western-New-York.jpg
finished-fence-web.jpg
LL

paljetarticle-0-165368F9000005DC-334_634x405.jpg

Lots of cool things can be made from recycled pallets.

Doing a little bartering this afternoon... Trading a dressed out meat rabbit for some homebrew hard apple cider... It'll go mighty fine with a dinner of rabbit, swiss chard and summer squash!!

What kind of rabbits do you raise? My friend has to feed raw to her cats and was thinking rabbit would be a good protien source.

We have a breeding trio of Californian and they keep our freezer full. We chose meat rabbits because we're in the city. They're quiet, don't take up much space and provide amazing amendment for our garden soil that doesn't have to be composted 1st. Win/win

We have a breeding trio of Californian and they keep our freezer full. We chose meat rabbits because we're in the city. They're quiet, don't take up much space and provide amazing amendment for our garden soil that doesn't have to be composted 1st. Win/win
We had planned a trip to Waco when we were in Conroe, but weather got in the way. Can I ask, just how is Waco? How real is this Fixer Upper show? We're retire now and have considered moving south. Haven't really looked at real estate there yet.

We'd need something bigger perhaps so we could have chickens and a garden. We nearly three acres here. About half wooded.

After our next (and final I hope) coop build I'm planning on converting the current one into an oversized rabbit hutch. A family friend has Californians and gave us two of them. We brazed them right quick to seal them up then put them in a red wine reduction for an hour and then the whole thing went into the stew pot with veggies. Oh my goodness!

We ended up going with fried rabbit, sauteed swiss chard, and garlic mash potatoes. Every bit of it came off our small suburban homestead. The good life!

It's a great feeling isn't it? Raising your own stuff, bartering for what you need. Makes you wish we could 'do away' with Gov't and such - how much cheaper living would be!
hmm.png

It's a great feeling isn't it? Raising your own stuff, bartering for what you need. Makes you wish we could 'do away' with Gov't and such - how much cheaper living would be!
hmm.png

Is is nice to not have to use money. Still the government does keep us in some things we needs. I just think we pay to much for those things. I can do it myself for cheaper. Well not everything but you get the idea.

Keep in mind while the government was paying a lot for those famous hammers a fellow citizen was charging the government for those hammers. If you know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom