Homesteaders

I didn't do any of the above this year. I put seeds on wet paper towels and once they rooted I put them in the ground. I will let ya know it it works out.

Chicken girl 15~ that's pretty neat..I watched how they do that on youtube but never have done that myself.,
I dont know about zone 5 but here in zone 4 our growing season isnt long enough for that to work for tomatoes and peppers

I just finally rounded up all my potatoes to plant. I know I am late :(
I spend nice winter days triming my trees and have several huge piles ready to be burnt, the largest one on my garden. It has been dry here, too dry, and way to windy, we have been in red flag warnings forever. So my b garden is currently beyond reach. I think I am going to have to break down and move all that brush into the pasture just so I can get into my garden.
I do have seedlings started, my sweet peas and Swiss chard, and several other cold weather plants that could tolerate a cold snap....if I could just get out there.

I spend nice winter days triming my trees and have several huge piles ready to be burnt, the largest one on my garden. It has been dry here, too dry, and way to windy, we have been in red flag warnings forever. So my b garden is currently beyond reach. I think I am going to have to break down and move all that brush into the pasture just so I can get into my garden.
I do have seedlings started, my sweet peas and Swiss chard, and several other cold weather plants that could tolerate a cold snap....if I could just get out there.

Is it ever not blowing in Nebraska? :lol:

Is it ever not blowing in Nebraska? :lol:

:D Fair point. I don't ask for a day without wind, but this is getting terrible. We actually have a fantastic windbreak on all but the east side, so it has to be really blowing for me to notice at the house.

I just finally rounded up all my potatoes to plant. I know I am late
sad.png

Is it late to plant potato seed?

I plan on having my hubby make me some potato planters out of hardware clothe and post this weekend.

Not to late for taters here. Mine (well the rest of them) are going in on Saturday. I planted 3 times so I have a staggering harvest. I have some more stuff started today in a wet paper towel so this weekend will be full of poking holes in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom