Homesteaders

That's a pretty heeler! I've seen pretty heelers and some I don't find to be so pretty....usually the blue ones are the prettiest. My sister used to keep heelers and her first one was one of those great dogs you only get to have usually once in a lifetime. My great dog was a yellow Lab....haven't met his equal in all these years. Doubt I ever will.

my olde english bulldogge(shelby) and foster am staff cross(ami)

Trixie and Trace(cats) Shelby on the couch and Pixie(our newest addition) the chi on the floor, she is deaf and blind looking for her retirement home, which she found at our house. Dont tell hubby
hide.gif

Last edited:
That's a pretty heeler! I've seen pretty heelers and some I don't find to be so pretty....usually the blue ones are the prettiest. My sister used to keep heelers and her first one was one of those great dogs you only get to have usually once in a lifetime. My great dog was a yellow Lab....haven't met his equal in all these years. Doubt I ever will.

My first heeler was that dog. I still talk to people that say remember that red dog you had. That was the best dog I've ever seen.
I say it to.
This one has been close. I get her in Oct. Biggest downfall she doesn't like gun shots. My house always has gunshots. But she is 3 and I'm still new to her.

lol.png
We won't tell. So....are they companion dogs and cats or homestead working dogs and cats?
They are mostly companion, I dont have livestock besides the one bunny, soon to be two plus, but I hope to train Shelby to help around the house. So far she has a wagon, but I haven't trained her to pull it yet, we just got the shaft done. But she will be helping in the garden pulling produce and going to farmers market this summer with her wagon for the veggies I dont grow.

Bottom photo is my Guido with "his" baby new little sister Isabella.
Top photo is Guido with his little big sister Bailey that we lost to CCD three months ago.
He is also my ESA.
He checks on "his" flock every morning.
The trick with him was introducing my chickens as "babies" and brooding them for the first bit in the house. Maaaaaaan was he peeved when we moves them outside l

Last edited:
My first heeler was that dog. I still talk to people that say remember that red dog you had. That was the best dog I've ever seen.
I say it to.
This one has been close. I get her in Oct. Biggest downfall she doesn't like gun shots. My house always has gunshots. But she is 3 and I'm still new to her.

My Jake got a little gun shy when he was a pup due to a pellet gun ricochet hitting his eyelid...one of my boys being boys, ya know. Anyhoo...was gun shy for years but then we just kept shooting around him so much in the past few years that he finally got over it. He still doesn't like to be right next to the gunfire but at least he doesn't duck and run for cover anymore.

Back
Top Bottom