Homesteaders

Occasionally around here you can find a school bus or fire truck turned into a big open cab flat bed and make a hay monster.

Searched for gallon glass jars after putting away eight gallons of sauerkraut (and it turned out yummy!!) with only one gallon jar and two tall half gallon ones and a bunch of quarts.....still have a few gallon ones with pickles in them. Need more gallon jars, most of mine are hand me downs. Saw it was actually cheaper to buy gallons of pickles at the dollar store than to buy the jugs...but what do you do with those nasty pickles..? Got to be cheaper somewhere just for the glass.
Found this site, $4.05 a piece if you buy just four, $2.60 a piece if you buy a pallet of 144.... Wonder how many I could sell on Craig's List, Pennysaver, etc?
https://www.uline.com/BL_8168/Wide-Mouth-Glass-Jars  
They also have Ball jars and all sorts of plastic containers.
check Maines on Front Street.

check Maines on Front Street.

We go to Maines a couple times a yr, I can't believe I never thought to look there. We usually just go through the food isles. I'll have to look next time or ask my father-in-law next time he goes.
My in-laws have a small, (not really small, big wood fired brick oven, they just don't do as much business anymore) whole sale bakery and that's where they get their flour in bulk, the yeast at BJ's in Oneonta.

Hay!
Saw this, this morn had to take a pic, cool 'truck'! Bad rd and it was a rockin, lost some bales. I may or may not have picked one out of the rd on the way back through
hide.gif

I have seen buses turned into houses and chicken coops. Imagination is a beautiful thing.
celebrate.gif

My uncle was a building contractor. He had an old school bus with staging on top. It had a wood stove inside, and the seats were mostly removed, with a couple left, and turned around, with tables installed so the crew could go in and warm up, and eat their meals while on the job.

My uncle was a building contractor. He had an old school bus with staging on top. It had a wood stove inside, and the seats were mostly removed, with a couple left, and turned around, with tables installed so the crew could go in and warm up, and eat their meals while on the job.

Better than most of my employers. "IF" I can get to my truck that's usually the best I can get.

My dad was a contractor, so both uncle's family and mine would often head 2 hours up into "da county" and stay all week in trailers in a camp ground while the men built potato storage houses. Fond memories of those summers with all of us cousins and siblings hanging out together.

Off the chicken topic:

I don't like our toilet seat as it's stained by the cleaner and yuk. What do you recommend?

Too, looking to switch toilet to a dual flush system. What do you recommend.

Been to Consumer reports but not a subscriber yet.

thanks.

rancher

Back
Top Bottom