Homesteaders

Well the stories made it worth asking. Thanks for that at least.
lol.png
don't get the soft plastic covered ones.. all the ones I had the plastic cracked

Excellent tomatoes and produce clear up until first hard frost. My brother's Sweet One hundred grew 15 ft vines this past season and mine were past 10 ft...in both gardens these cherry tomatoes outproduced all the other types of tomatoes. The Sweet One Hundred or Sweet One Million are much the same....HUGE producers, sweet sweet flavor, resistant to disease.

Since we're on the toilet subject somehow....
couple funny/ not so funny/ funny if you were there stories.
Bunch of us at a friends house ready for a 'night on the town', cab picking us up of course, very rural here (no pizza places will even deliver) but the owner of the small cab company in a nearby town would bend over backwards for this guy, gave him tons of business even grocery shopped and picked up beer, cigs for him. He decided to take a shower before the cab came...heard screaming, we all ran into the bathroom to see had slipped in the shower and completely destroyed the toilet water spraying everywhere don't think I ever laughed so hard
lau.gif
we still went out all night, never heard him complain, had a good time, found out the next day he wasn't so good.... was laid up for many weeks after, he broke a bunch of ribs...

Yrs ago I was working for a friend of my grandfather's in a bluestone quarry and he stopped up, very serious told us how he had to rescue my grandmother who fell in the shower, she was screaming...
They lived in a old single wide trailer, he couldn't get the door open cause it opened in, pushed and pushed, she screamed 'Your killing me!!'
"I can't get in get you fat azz away from the door" 'I can't I'm stuck' (for reference they were the worst people, neighbors, always fighting and screaming at each other, could hear them for miles, all us grand kids called gramma 'mean Jean the screaming machine' Lol!) (and they were not elderly so don't get mad at me for thinking it was funny, I was one of the older grandkids, they were probably in their early 60s)
He had to cut out the door out cause the hinges were on the other side, (don't think grampa had seen her nekid in many yrs...Lol!) then he had to figure out how to detach the toilet seat cause when she fell she jammed her elbow down into the toilet and her fist was stuck up under the seat, stuck...
After he left after telling us his serious story that we both didn't make a peep, we were in tears laughing holy crap! Lol
gig.gif
i killed myself laughing.

Hello! We've been homesteading totally off-grid for almost a year now with 2 kids (oldest is 6 & our youngest is 2), 2 dogs (soon to be 4!), 3 cats, 7 chickens, & 5 rabbits. We live in Missouri & are absolutely loving the homesteading life! It's hard, but i feel like it gives back so much more! xx

Back
Top Bottom