Homesteaders

I was thinking a pond would be an easy build here, right near the river. I would build a water wheel and gravity feed into the pond, then have locks to let it out as needed. Have not figured out what kind of fish i want. Don't tell my husband, i am still trying to talk him into a greenhouse:gig

well change of plans again...

were going aquaponics. its just cheaper the filter system for one of these barrel systems runs like 300 dollars (canada). so where going with a 175 gallon stock tank and cutting a barrel in half to use as grow beds. the pump runs like 60 dollars for the system. and the plants are the filter. will keep every one updated.

update 1: cleaning up the building where this will be housed (its my grandpas shop by the way we live like 500m away from each other on an acreage pretty awesome) brought in the tanks and will start work soon, on the system.

I've got a 8x10 greenhouse kit from tractor supply in the barn, still in the box. We were supposed to get it put up this summer, but that never happened...
We are going to put a gravel base under it, but other projects got in the way this summer. Hopefully, first thing next spring.
Anyone have any experience with the Tractor supply greenhouses? metal framing with twin wall panels. With the wind we had in the last week, I am worried about the greenhouse holding up - staying up at least, lol.

I've got a 8x10 greenhouse kit from tractor supply in the barn, still in the box. We were supposed to get it put up this summer, but that never happened...
We are going to put a gravel base under it, but other projects got in the way this summer. Hopefully, first thing next spring.
Anyone have any experience with the Tractor supply greenhouses? metal framing with twin wall panels. With the wind we had in the last week, I am worried about the greenhouse holding up - staying up at least, lol.
You could anchor it by driving in some t posts possibly?

See now I realized something. Chickens let up during december. Point? Save your eggs in November if you intend to do a lot of baking for Christmas.
Too it's always good to get a half dozen or so, chicks to raise up. I sold the BO's but the others are laying. Still I've more slackers than layers. It could be because I'm not letting them out til late. I'm just so tired.
A silkie went broody but I pulled her and took the eggs. I'm tempted to give her Delaware eggs as she was sitting on Silkie and brown egg laying EE's.
I am so freaking COLD!!
I bought electric throws and blankets. DW gets so cold. Still getting Chemo but not eating enough. Has new med to help that and I hope it does.

Really jsut wante dot keep things alive here. TTFN

We are burning through it fast in Virginia as well. Hubby was out a good part of the day with the chain saw. I went shopping! Tomorrow working on the rabbit cage and i will gather more kindling.
20171213_213553.jpg

Got a near new furnace, Keep it at 68* but Lord have mercy she's got no meat on her bones. She's down to 122. Will have a nurse come on occasion. The cat has become her new best friend now that she's got the heated throws to keep her warm. :)

I wanted a cat, but didn't adopt one. Norma Jean, is my daughters cat. The one who got married in June. Norma Jean didn't get on with the new hubby's two boys so she's back here with us and that's fine. I think subconsciously I knew Norma Jean would be back.

Got an email from Meyers and they do have some sales, but doesn't say if shipping is free. Most places offer free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom